Lots of snow still

thefindian

We just might get to ride until early April and beyond this year the snow conditions are awsome still, we got another 16 inches this week the snow depth is still 4 to 5 feet here in central Upper Michigan and its forcast is in the 20s with a little snow through next week.

Still pretty decent down below the bridge as well. We had a few slush holes and 2 pretty muddy spots(oil feild lease road/snowmobile trail) in 140 miles yesterday. We are grooming in the middle of the night tonight and tommorow night (after bar traffic) so it will freeze back up nicely

18" in McMillan from Monday night thru Wednesday night. An 'official' weather observer near Lavender Corner's (halfway between Seney and Grand Marais) said 29.2" of snow in the same time period and 62" of snow depth.

Just got back from Cadillac today. Trails were awesome, nice and flat. Lots of snow in the woods. Looked like they were racing on Lake Mitchell when I left. They had a track plowed and there were a bunch of trailers on the ice.

Well we did another 65 miles of boondocking yesterday the snow conditions are still awesome, but it looks like we are going to get a warm up mid week so next weekend the light weight riding gear will get pulled out, the record for riding around here is May 6th 96 and 97 I wonder how close we will get to that this year.

2EFC3F1A-0CF9-4BA2-A09D-E2A8F3F1A2BA-6103-000007638E232FC1_zps87872a6b.jpg

looks nice,We still have a ton here also,warming uo but still around 0C and colder at nights.We will be riding here past Easter as they say trials are the best they have ever been in the Lake and Bush areas..

snow

thefindian said:
We just might get to ride until early April and beyond this year the snow conditions are awsome still, we got another 16 inches this week the snow depth is still 4 to 5 feet here in central Upper Michigan and its forcast is in the 20s with a little snow through next week.
I was bayfield area sunday-mon I was told that area closed 4-1-2013 when does mich close

cementhead said:
I was bayfield area sunday-mon I was told that area closed 4-1-2013 when does mich close

I am a groomer for JVTC (MI LP) Got word from MSA (Michigan snowmobile Assoc) that trails on public land will remain open until snow melts. Agreements with private land owners state we can use trail thru MARCH ONLY. We are actually waiting to hear if DNR (department of nature resources) will be extending grooming or not.

Im not sure on the UP because I dont ride the groomed trails but there is a lot of snow left even after this week its been near 40f all week, heck my roof on my house still has a couple feet.

I don't know if State trails will be open or not but I'll be riding in NE Minnesota one last time next weekend. I usually head up to Ely to store my sleds sometime in April. So I figure I'll go up there when there is still snow and get one last ride. I was there last weekend, and from all the snow that they had, I gotta believe there will still be plenty of snow for some decent riding, April 6 & 7.

Daughter and I played around the Brainerd mn area today. Trails in the woods are holding up nicely. Lakes are getting really wet and with it being warm and possiblly raining overnight should be like ice cubes when it cools down Sunday. ditches are getting wet in spots. If you can get to the woods,trails it will be good for another week so. The problem will be getting there.

5" of LES in McMillan this morning. Still coming down, 30mph on the way to work, complete white-out. April fools on all of you who put your sleds away for the summer!

thefindian said:
I haven't road in 2 weeks but today Im going, it is snowing right now. stay thirsty my friends.
In munising right now it is snowing hard and there is a lot of snow. Tommorrow will be awesome.

Did all of the crazy eights today and grand Maris and seney area.wow what awesome snow and conditions only seen 7 people in 150 miles today. Will be out in pine stump area tommorrow .

Did some trail riding over the past weekend. Still beautiful. BArely any traffic.
Even rode South. I love this time of year.

If you saw a SRX with 2 Nytros, that was us.
Rode 8 East to the bear trap with RockMeister. Our group was looking to off trail and splitt of to the south.

Plenty of snow yet in NE Minnesota!

I posted this in the photo section... but there is plenty of snow left on The Iron Range. They said trails would remain open this year until at least April 15th. Normally they close on the 1st of April. ;)! I drove through the Side Lake area and over to Ely. Side Lake had 2-3 ft snowbanks yet! Ely area has about 1 1/2 feet on the ground in most places. With more that came down over the weekend.

P.S. Not too far from this my belt was getting hot from the heavy deep snow, so I opened the cover and let it cool off... I noticed I was riding all this time w/o a secondary bolt. Damn! I can't remember if I forgot to put it back on after cleaning the clutches on Friday, or if it was on and I for got to tighten it... I must be getting old. :o :|

Attachments

• Photo0113.jpg
    Photo0113.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back