99 srx 600 vs 97 vmax sx700

bADa$$ SRX

well lined my srx6 up against a '97 vmax 700 with aftermarket can, thin headgasket, ported heads, ported cases, notched reeds and spacers, heavy hitters with a roller secondary, geared down a tooth, transfer rods...........lined up on the lake and he had me by half a length the whole way, lined up on an ice covered road and i had him by a half a length....should it be this close? does he have more hp than me or should i be stomping him?

YOUR SRX RUNS GOOD. REAL GOOD, BUT IF HE IS RIGHT, HE SHOULD COVER YA ANYWAY YOU RACE HIM. WERE RUNNING THREE OF THOSE SX,s AND THEY FLY. ALTHOUGH HE HAS A CAN, HEAVY HITTERS, AND A ROLLER SECONDARY, ALL NO NOs ON THOSE SLEDS. 8CA YAMAHA WEIGHTS, STOCK CAN AND STOCK SECONDARY. IT WILL FLY. 3:16 (yammie tony)

All that work and he doesnt have pipes? We had same results 98 sx7 vs srx600 stock they were close, pipes on the sx and it was game over. Neither were a match for the Srx7 though....

A piped sx700 will run, my sx700 that I had PI end dumps on a few years ago ran with my buddies 08 Apex, he and I were neck and neck, he would just shake his head and wonder "WTF!" Was kinda cool cuz my Vmax had over 11000 miles on an unopened motor... LOL...was pretty funny.

WE RAN A BOX STOCK 97 700 SX ON TAR LAST YEAR, CLUTCH KIT (yamaha) , REED SPACERS,SINGLE PIPE ,AND 2 LAYERS OUT OF HEAD GASKET. 11.28 @ 110. WE ALSO HAVE ONE THATS TRIPLE PIPED, PORTED, WEIGHT CUT OUT OF IT, VIPER CDI, 10.21 @ 123. THESE RED HEAD MOTORS REALLY RUN. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

Last edited:
I had an SX700 with porting and head work bored carbs and reeds. We ran CPR pipes and had a lot of tuning into it. It was extremely fast. We ruined the day of a lot of SRX polaris and cat owners on lake pulls. I'm actually sorry I sold the sled. Would like to still own it!

I Bought A 1997 Vmax Sx New In 1997 From Maximum Performance Here In Ny. Left Single Pipe On, Added Some Chisels And Clutching. Otherwise Nothing. I Never Lost to A 98 Or 99 Srx Until I Bought My 2000 Srx. My 99 Srx Got Killed By My Sx. 3:16 (yammie Tony)

My 99 SX that was ported, piped, reeds, spacers, TMX 38s, 1" predator, transfer rods ect ect never lost a race to anything under 800cc period! It even was respectable up against my 1995 Mod 866 VMAX4!...LOL...But only in 660' !!

Back