What are the odds?(crash)

dugedug

Two different culverts, same damage. Took out my right suspension, twice in two weeks. I'm starting to think someone doesn't want me riding this year.

What I think happened is that my right ski was bent the first time(nothing major just the tip was slightly bent back more than normal), I straightened it out and reused it. When it went over a smaller culvert this time I think the ski gave out and... time for new skis.

If you hit a culvert and the only damage done was a twisted ski...thats lucky. If you hit a culvert a second time and agian...out a ski, you need to count you blessings. Way to many people find a hidden culvert and spend weeks or even months in recovery or even worse.

Yeah, i know i'm lucky. First time I was going ~30mph, second time 15mph. Both times I did my best superman impression. I only remember actually flying today, last time the first instance I knew something was wrong was when I was lying in the snow looking back at my sled. Both times my radius rods and trailing arms are toast. I'm about to give up on this ditch riding.

Yep, If your laying down new tracks, things like that happen. I found a culvert earlier this year going about 30-35 MPH. I was just as lucky...my sled wasn't. Bent tunnel, bulkhead, radius rods, ski, spindle, trailing arm & cracked belly pan. The sled was totalled.

Its the first and hopefully only insurance claim I'll ever have to make.

Back