How much top speed will i loose?

ReaperSRX

I am in the process of having my 2000 SRX 700 rear skid revalved and long travel'd, i am also thinking of add the new RipSaw 1.25 track, i currently have Hauck clutch kit and will be added Carbon Tech reeds. How much top end will i loose with this suspension and track set up?

save your money

dont buy the reeds. i tried them last year and they are good for fuel mileage but they are light tension so inturn they flutter at wot. i had fits clutching my srx with the reeds pulled them out and it flat out flew again. my.02 if you want some used ones i got em in the box still 40.00 shipped to you. ski

Has anyone else had the same bad results with carbon tech reeds, if so are Boysen Reeds any better or should i just replace with new stock reeds, i have about 5600km on them now.

I have seen several sets of carbon tech reeds come up for sale with very low miles on them. If your stockers are starting to flake/chip I would replace them with a new stock set. They cost less then 8.00 a reed and at 2 reeds per carb, thats about 48.00 for a new set of bullet proof reeds. ===SRXSRULE===

Carbon tech makes different tension reeds for different sleds. I forget what they claim helps a stock motor, check their website for details.

In general Yamaha's sleds come with superior reeds compared to the other 3 makers. I picked up a set of used Carbon Tech reeds for my 500, and noticed a difference, it does pull harder and the throttle response has improved. It's almost snappy!

For the money, there's better things to get into, like skis.

As far as top speed goes, if you tune the new shocks for sit in, you shouldn't lose anything from that. The rip saw track should weigh more than your stock track, especially if you have the anemic .75" lug popper!

If you're going from the .92 track and studs to the Ripsaw, you should see gains in top speed, studs REALLY slow ya down up there. Good luck!

I've also had a tough time clutching my sled with the Carbon Tech reeds. They are coming off before next season, as I have ridden other SRXs with stock reeds and other similar modifications, and they have an edge. I will let mine go for $35 shipped if someone is looking to try them, however.

as for tensions offered by carbon tech

yes they do make low, mid, and high tension reeds, but for the 700 tripple motor they only make one tension (370lt, light tension), this inc's sx, sxR, vipers, and the srx, and it is only offered as a recomedation in low tension, all the ht (high tension) reeds say poor low top end only not recomended. carbontech doesnt offer mid tension reeds for the 700 motors. the 370lt's offer huge fuel mileage for cruising, but as for playing/racing and full throttle clutch testing, in my experience (the srx only) they flutter and do not shut properly at wfo. this adds a variable that you cannot feel in your clutching only side by side testing of duplicate sleds told the tale of the tape. 2 identicle 01 canadian srx's one full stock never touched, & mine with carbon techs and tempflow, stocker would pull away mid and top, (and that pilot weighed more than I) switched stock reeds, pulled stronger clutched easier, and ran slightly faster mid and top, (not much mind you) mostly pilot weight and proper jetting with the flow helped. my .02 ski

How much top seed will I lose

Hay reapersrx about the reeds put in a set of V-Force 2's or 3's. You will gain about 6 HP and have alot better throtle responce

Back