Mtn sled choice help

01sxr700

VIP Member
I'm thinking of buying a mtn sled but don't have any experience on them. Could u guys on this site give me any input. I was thinking of either the RX1 mtn, Vector mtn or a mtn Viper. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank u in advance.

Where do you want to ride, big hills and lots of powder?
How much do you want to spend?

I'd like to spend in the 10,000 range and ride mostly powder. I this neck of the woods we don't have any big moutains just some nice hills. Northern Ontario, Canada.

Northern Ontario gets some good snow so the 2" track should work fine. The questions you need to figure out is what kind of riding do you do the most? Is it all cross-country type riding where you play in the hills you come to and then move on, Or is it a mix of trails and off trail type riding. If you dont do any major climbing a 136 or 144 is plenty, anything longer and it becomes much more difficult to trail ride. Also consider that stock for stock, the Rx and Rs Mountain is MUCH heavier then a Mt Viper. ===SRXSRULE===

I'm kind of partial to Vipers. 05 Mountain Viper could be the most overlooked sled in the line up. To bad too, with new ski's and a rear skid, it could be the best overall boondocker that Yamaha has!

The only problems with the vector mtn is you can only get it in 151. For the off trail riding that I do the 144 track would probably be best, and was thinking I would like to go 4 stroke. My wife has a 99 500 sx, I am going to sell that sled, give her my 700 and get myself a longtrack sled. That way I will still have a trail sled. :rockon:

Back