Maine early ice racing

00sxrjoe

Looking to get some guys from Maine together and do some early winter ice racing heads up hand drop run what u bring. I have a few places that are easy to get to that ice freezes up early. Hit me up here with some feed back. Hope this goes some where.
Thanks Joe

I have 2 places that are less than 40 min from me and I have a idea we can go out to place in newport to where ice drags where.

Well ice is being made as we sleep so any one wanna get together and play when it gets thicker?

Here the bog as of today

Last edited:
Joe, I will be in just let me know when and were. I will go depending on my work schedule. I am about 4 hours from Newport area but am still game specially if no snow on trails yet !

Its about 40min more north of newport It freezes quick do to being only 3-4ft deep dead water. Its just 10 min from my house but no one to tell ya no and we can play all day long if we want. I will keep eye on how thick its getting and post pics of ice. At 660ft mark 2 yrs ago I put a lining bar though the ice and its like 5ft tall and come back out with mud on the end. I have 2 sleds to play with one just needs picks in track others all ready to go. Parking is gonna be kinda tight but will manage

im in i think im getting an srx tonight so i will have a good racing sled and my zrt 600 and maybe a nice 250 or 340 to show you guys a mans sled

With the snow/rain mess thats coming should should make 1-2in more of nice clean smooth ice.
I think the place in newport takes longer to freeze up and not sure about harlow pond in Guilford. My place to go at least I know hoe deep it is.
csargentmaine you got trail studs or ice studs?

Last edited:
Looking at first or second weekend of dec if cold weather keeps up

Last edited:
Have not been out yet but thinking about talking a run out and get few more pics every night is blow freezing should harden up good this weekend

Back