Hogheden grass drags in Sweden

Thanks! ;)! I think it leaves pretty good, just have to work on clutch and jet
setup. Was there working on a freind's sled and took the srx with me for fun ;)!

et. was 5,84 that pass i think, and my best pass was 5,81. Switched to a lighter
driver who went 5,64 right away.. We then played with diff. helix and springs (no parts with me to tune primary) with no luck so 5,64 was our best.

What belt are you supposed to run for grassdrags? Run a 8dn-01 now and seems to
have belt slip at launch no matter what spring and tension i run in sec. Have a ultimax xs805 to try but is it any good? Weight's are
8bu-10.. yes i know they are wrong for drags and i'm gonna have hc next time.

8ch belt is stickier but you wont get as many runs out of one. 8dn is a tough belt, they get heat soaked. I try to have a few of them all the same width and swap them out every pass as they hold heat.

put in 8bu-00 with a white heel clicker spring, 52/45 helix,silver sec spring

or since you guys launch off the mats, notch a set of 40-10 heel clickers for 5800-6000rpm engagement, around 50/40 helix and hang on!

you need to leave around 5800-6000rpm on the grass.

Yea, you can feel the bog in take off. engage was only at 4900rpm! Rest of passes
we was filming the tach and that's why i suspect beltslip! rpm's right after launch was
8600... and about 8100 at finish. The other way around would been perfect, right? :o|
Thanks for your input Don, much appreciated! Will do it right next time.. :sled1:

yamalars said:
Yea, you can feel the bog in take off. engage was only at 4900rpm! Rest of passes
we was filming the tach and that's why i suspect beltslip! rpm's right after launch was
8600... and about 8100 at finish. The other way around would been perfect, right? :o|
Thanks for your input Don, much appreciated! Will do it right next time.. :sled1:

ya reversed is what the rpm would look best at. 8100out of the gate then 86-8700rpm on top with your set up.

If your rpm is jumping to 8600rpm then dropping down right out of the gate thats likey more of a overshift, or the clutchs gettin in front of the motor. if it was belt slip youd smell it right away. Likely you could need slightly more rear spring tension or a stronger rear spring. The fact you guys leave off the mats means it takes a fair amount of force to hang onto the belt because the traction is so good.

Ok, that make sense. Sec.setup in that pass was a hauck 51/43 and a silver @70.
Will try one of your suggestions if i go for grass again? Maybe i'll try some tar racing?
Have two tar tracks not far away (this grassdrag was a 12 hour trip one way..)

Maybe i could do some bracket racing there? Have to look in to that. Couse racing is
really fun! Love the people and the atmosphere!

Back