1980 exciter vs 93 phazer

kallio

1980 exciter 3500 km (2200 miles), all stock, new springs in both the primary and secondary (once snow gets a little bit closer)

1993 phazer 4300 miles, all stock, again new springs in both.

my question is, how quick will the old exciter be compared to a pogo phazer? I own both sleds so winning isn't an issue as long as I put the gf on the slower one :)

I know the phazer should win, but will it be close?

Back in the day, I had both of those sleds too. My phazer did have more top end but I'd say it would be a pretty close race up until the exciter tops out.

I should also note that my dad has a 96 phazer that we trade wins over. I'd really like to give him a scare with the ex440 ...

I should also note that my dad has a 96 phazer that we trade wins over. I'd really like to give him a scare with the ex440 ...

Put twin pipes and carbs on the Exciter and have Phazer for lunch. That said, do the same to the Phazer and its catch-up again. There just ain't no replacement for displacement. Pay close attention to your tuning and set-up though and the 433 should hold its own. Let us know what the deal is!

I have many tricks for both sleds but the phazer will come out on top every time if they both have work ......I have some clutching to make a exciter fly and eat the phazer but it is not trail friendly

dang, too bad. the sled will also be used for ice fishing so a crazy clutch set up might not be the best idea haha

so far it has taken down my brother's 96 phazer and my 93 phazer in short distances. going to get it out in a couple weeks to run it side by side for the entire length of lake....

Back