Marathon County WI trails opening

GD23RTF2

It's a Christmas miracle.....

Trails open for snowmobiles only Wednesday December 25 @ 8:00 AM.

We've gotten a fair amount of snow lately, but unfortunately it's been cold and it's pretty much fluff. I fear that unless we get something more sticky, the trails will either not be open long, or be piss-pounded in short order.

Get there while the getting is good!!!

I took a walk down a trail in Wood county yesterday to see what they are looking like. Groomer went out last week so we do have a little bit of a base but we deffinetly need more than this fluffy powder. I'd like to get out there just as much as everyone else but they really should hold off a bit untill we get some heavier snow otherwise the trails will be shot within a day or two of opening them.

Don't know about north.

Haven't been out on our trails yet(have the stinking flu) but drove past some of the road crossings. A bit thin looking in the woods, and some grass showing but that's to be expected as it's all been fluff so far. Lots of wet spots and slush from what I could see over swamps and streams.

God willing I'll get out tonight and see what's up.

Short hop tonight. Wanted to test drive the kid's Poo, and preview some adjustments I made to the SXR. only 25-30 miles between the two.

Trails were atrocious and should be closed until there is more snow. Barely any snow in the trees, and in fields it is only marginal. Ice, frozen dirt, grass, weeds, and corn stalks are abundant. Best riding was on the snowbanks on the way to the trail.
Grab a fist full of throttle in the corners and you could end up looking the other way. You could feel every rock, and root, pebble and twig. Ruts threw you all over the place and I could have easily been reminded that trees don't lose. River was all rutted up too from frozen slush. It was pretty bad out there all around.

I'll wait until there is more snow before I go out again.

They need to close them.

We got drilled today ( they say 7") I say 8"-10"+.

Had an appointment the next town to the west and decided to take the sled instead of getting the car stuck.
Put on 60 miles but still managed to get the old girl stuck anyway. Not a deep snow machine. Came up on some guys that were stuck so I slowed down to pick a lane before I pinned it.....too late. Lost too much speed around the corner and started to chainsaw. No fun bulling around a 500 lb machine out by yourself.

Passed a groomer in the woods after I got out, and it was AWESOME!!! Fields were brutal with blowing and drifting. Couldn't see the 3' drifts I was plowing through, but they will be fine. Otherwise, the trails are great from what I saw tonight. I'm sure most of the rest of the state will be the same after today.

Back