WARNING TO ALL YAMAHA DEALERS!!!!!!

YAMADOG

Website
www.americanautosalesmarion.com
:twisted: I HAVE BEEN A YAMAHA MAN FOR 15 YEARS AND HAVE SPENT $43,000.00 ON SLEDS WITH THIS DEALER. I HAVE ALWAYS DONE ALL MY SERVICE WORK WITH THEM. ALWAYS DONE MY PRE-SEASON CHECKS WITH THEM. DONE ALL RECOMENDED SERVICE BY THEM AND GIVEN THEM 3 CHANCES TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT! 3 YEARS AGO I HAD MY BELOVED 98 SRX 600 IN FOR PRE-SEASON CHECK , THE RESULT WAS THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE CLAMP ALL THE WAY BACK ON THE ANTI-FREEZE HOSE THAT RUNS TO THE CARBS TO KEEP THEM FROM FREEZING AND ALL MY ANTI-FREEZE EMPTY OUT AND THE SLED OVER HEATED!!!! THE SLED STILL RAN BUT NEVER GOT OVER 90 OUT OF THE SLED AGAIN .. CALLED THE DEALER AND THEY TRADED ME FOR 2900 BUCKS FOR A 2002 VIPER( WITCH I THOUGHT WAS FAIR) SO I PURCHASED IT. THIS SEASON I TOOK THE VIPER AND THE PHAZER(2001 I PURCHASED THERE) IN FOR THE PRE-SEASON CHECK.. HERE IS THE RESULT...
I DROPPED THE SLEDS OF ON MY TRAILER AND TOLD THEM TO NOT HURRY, JUST GIVE ME A CALL WHEN THEY ARE DONE. $178.00 LATER I PICKED MY DOGS.. I LOOKED AT THE SLED AND THEY LOOKED LIKE THE WHERE NEVER MOVED BUT I TOOK THEIR WORD THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.. THE WORK THAT WAS TO BE PERFORMED WAS....
ADJUST TRACK.....GREASE THE SUSPENSION(ONLY THING THAT WAS DONE
ADJUST SKI
CHECK BELT WEAR
CHECK ANTI-FREEZE
PREASURE CHECK THE HEAD AND GASKET
CLEAN POWER VALVES
CLEAN CARBS
CHECK AND REPLACE PLUGS OF NEED BE
........THE NEXT DAY I DID A SHAKE DOWN RUN

SLED RAN LIKE$^%^@!#$!!!!!
CALLED THE DEALER HE SAID BRING IT BACK THE NEXT DAY..SO I DID
THE PERSON I TALKED TO THE 1ST AND 2ND TIME WAS NOT THERE. SO ANOTHER MAN HELPED ME.. 2 HOURS LATER HE CALLED AND SAID THE POWER VALVES WERE ALL GUMMED UP PLUGS WERE BAD ECT...

MAN I WANTED TO KILL SOMEONE.....WHEN I WENT TO PICK UP MY DOGS
NO ONE WANTED TO TALK TO ME AT ALL..... IT WAS LIKE I WAS SADDAM... THE OWNER RAN TO THE BATHROOM.. THE CHILDREN RAN TO THEIR MOTHERS AND ALL FREE MEN AND WOMEN RAN FOR COVER!! BUT REALY WHAT HAPPEND WAS I DID NOTHING AND TOOK MY DOGS HOME AND WILL GO AWAY............. MAKES ME SAD TO THINK DEALERS THINK CUSTOMERS GROW ON TREES....... CAUSE IF THEY DO LET ME KNOW WHERE THAT TREE IS SO I CAN USE IT.. DEALERS TAKE CARE OF US (WE THE SILENT MAY NOT YELL, WE MAY NOT SCREAM, WE MY NOT MAKE A BAD SCENE... BUT WE DO TAKE OUR HARD EARNED DOE RAE ME SOME WHERE ELES..... THANK FOR LETTING ME VENT ALL

MERRY CHRISMAS ALL.......................YAMADOG

Simple solution, call them and demand to talk to the BOSS.

I've witnessed good people who make a dealership worth going to, go their own way. Over time, if there's enough new people working there, it's like no one knows ya! Doesn't matter how much you spend, because the pimple ridden kid behind th counter has no clue. Maybe about skate boards, but no your sleds.

Sorry about your luck, but that's not the worst that can happen at the hands of a well paid dealer. Get the owner on the phone, and give him an earful! Good luck!

This must happen a lot.It happened to me.Me and my buddy dropped 2 srx's off at a local yamaha dealer to have a fall check up done.We wanted the carbs cleaned and adjusted and same with the power valves.Also wanted them greased and completely gone through.They said they would be ready in 2 days,2 weeks later we finaly got them back.One had scratches all over the running boards from a careless worker with rocks on his boots.When we got them home i decided to pull out a power valve just to see if it was clean,it was caked with crud-i had to really work at it just 2 get it out.The carbs were dirty,no grease in the suspension,the only thing they did was change the hyfax.We called and spoke to the owner and got 3/4 of our money back.We bought a shop manual and do everything ourselves now,then we know its done and done right.

I agree with John. I own a car dealership/service shop and I've had some employees do some real bone-headed things. We usually catch them before it propagates into something big...but not always. Tell them you're leaving....remind them how much business you have given them...tell them what happened and give names...and go find another dealer.

response...

gentlemen, thank you for your responses. As far as talking to the owner i have know him for 15 years, he has know about the problems in the past. I myself run a use car dealership and have worked here for going on 16 years.... He was also aware of this problem and did nothing to fix it! Its just sad when a great product like yamaha has dealers like this ... I will still ride dogs, the only thing is i will have to drive 140 miles round trip to service them instead of 2 miles........ merry christmas all!

yamadog 8)

Yamadog, if I were you I'd save the 140 mile round trip and start doing some of the maintenance yourself. That's the only true way to know for sure what was done and it doesn't cost you a ton of $$$. I only use the dealer for recalls, warranty work, or things I just can't do myself.

Good luck!

I agree with Bigmax, order the Yamaha manuals, ask alot of questions (here on ty) and do it yourself. You will know your sled better, trail breakdowns will become trail fixes. My 97 700SX hasn't been to the dealer since Sept. 97 (recall) and runs better than ever.

HUBCITYSX

What a fimilar tune!!! I have had #$%^& service at EVERY dealer around me. The other day I asked to talk to a mechanic to ask a question and I was told NO. I thought the lady was kidding. Like others on here, I have the service manuals for both of my sleds. And all though they don't answer all the questions, they help A LOT! My brother has Yamaha sleds now and we do all of our own work. We have rebuilt two motors and guess what, they actually run again! LOL. Funny thing is that we found a guy to do our cylinder boring and all of the dealers use him too. And that's no BS. Makes us feel good that we are getting the same kind of work done and saving a ton of $$$. Its no big deal to replace pistons, rings, etc. Just takes TIME. And that's what your paying for at the dealership. Get your sled(s) in the garage, turn up the tunes, get your favorite beverage, and have fun with a buddy working on your sleds. It is very rewarding to say you did it yourself, and you look like a genius on the trails if you can help someone else.!!! And by the way, I sure appreciate this board and all the members who have helped me. Some are helping and never know it! Thank you VERY much.

I think it's sad when the salesman boasts about their service and then they screw you over after telling a person how great their service department is and how if you buy a sled from them how you will get a priority status when you need work done and then it's all lies....So we just wait until we see a bunch of customers in their dealership then go in and raise a stink in front of the customers, and I have even went up to the customers and told them first hand what to expect out of that dealership then smiled at the salesman when the customer walks out the door and told them word of mouth can outweigh thousands of dollars in advertising,,,,they should have valued my buisiness when they had it like they promised then I walk out satisfied.....

Back