Oval racing in Ohio tomorrow 1-25-2014

There are other pictures from past races on their web site.
The following snowmobile classes will be in action in both independent front suspension and leaf: 400cc and under, 401-500 cc, 501-600cc, 601-700cc, 701-800cc, 801cc+ & mods, along with the vintage sleds. Due to numerous requests, this year’s event has been expanded to include ATVs and Side-by-Sides!
“Circle Track Showdown” Saturday, January 25 featuring Snowmobile, ATV & Side-by-Side racing! « Sharon Speedway

Attachments

• Sharon.png
    Sharon.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 4
I will be there tommarrow, I think I am gonna race my daughters little viper.
Friend also bringing a 78 srx440.

Should be fun!

it(little viper) will be #100, stop over and say "Hi"

Last edited:
awesome! i hope that 78 kicks everyones ***! i have been emailing the track promoter, dave. He says they rolled sheepsfoot holes into the track and they have ice in them. the track got 2 inches of snow last night and they expect 3-6" tonight. im afraid the holes are going to make it a bumpy nightmare, or they could fill with snow and make it awesome...

im sure ill see you, lets face it there just arent that many people that know what a fast sled is (YAMAHA) i generally talk to everyone that has a yamaha there haha... im going to try to get parked near the gate from the pits to the track, that way it not so far to run when they call my classes...

when you say little viper are you talking 120?? (im guessing not but what make a viper little?) if you have any extra srx's bring me one haha im already in 5-600 vintage and 5-600 (modern) with my vmax 540 so i need a 440 ride haha

as far as trailer and truck i dont know what we are going to be in this year, but it will be a 4 place with a polaris 2-up (haha) and an older cat 600.... red ford pulling it most likely

im leaving work in 20mins to get my sled together so ill see you there

Last edited:
Was a good fun time at the oval races. Not as many sleds as before but a decent showing. There were alot of quads and dunebuggys there to race.

I did pretty good winning 3 out of 4 races with my daughters little trail viper. The track got pretty bad in the end from the quads and dune buggys basicly spinning all the snow off it to the frozen dirt and the the speedway tried to pull the loose snow back down on the track but it was pretty sugary by then with dirt mixed in it, maybe sand like sugar would describe it. I had to run 12 consecutive laps(6 each feature) for the last 2 races was pretty tired but pulled off the win.

Met Tyler for the vintage vmax site, nice guy hope to see him again there in the future. I think he won both of his classes but he can report, was hard to watch everyone race and run my own heats/features in a couple classes.

Hey Tyler, I will break out my old 81 srx440 next time and run with ya in the 500-600 class, need them old yamahas out there to show up the cat boys!

My buddy with the 78 got the bug,that was his first race ever, hes gettin some big carbides so he can turn. I watched the video, he beat most all of them into the 1st turn, but lost washing way up and plowing,he still had a blast.

I have videos can see if I can figure out how to post them here.

yeah i managed to win the 5-600cc class against all of the other sleds that were much newer. also won the vintage class but that isnt much to brag about because i had probably 100cc's on all of the other sleds.

not sure what my goal will be for next year now... probably just to defend, especially if your are going to bring a 81. i suppose you could have the 401-500 and ill take the 501-600... then we could have some real fun in the vintage class...

hate to sound too arrogant but my sled was on a rail until the last couple laps in the vintage race (after yours) i would share the secret, but its really not to hard to figure out and if you are going to bring an 81 i better just keep my lips sealed haha

i talked to chuck last night when i unloaded the sled into his garage and he said he still has a 81 chassis... or at least i think thats what he meant, i thought that chassis went to the scrap yard but who knows.... if i stumble across a 81 engine or sled for dirt cheap this year i might just ditch the 540 and go 440, but in reality i have to pull back the reigns on myself, theres really no sense in building a race sled when i only race once a year... MORE LOCAL TRACKS NEED RACES!

ps if you think the racing was good you should check out the post over on vintagesleds... some people think otherwise i guess

well it was good because I know I had fun, my buddy's all(with 78 srx and the srx700) had fun and basicly thats all we were there for. Its not like we were pro's, just had a ball runnin out on the oval. I know the conditions could have been better but who cares.... thats what racing is about having fun.

If you win thats cool, if you lose.... well, as long as you have fun come back next time and try again!

You did great Tyler!

ADD: I put up videos from this race in the photo/video section of ty.

Last edited:

Back