Wide front end on 02 700MM

pvermont3

I would like to increase the ski stance and front travel on my 02 700MM. I know I would need to change the radius rods, tie rods, trailing arms, torsion bar and shocks to long travel. Would I need to make any changes to the rear suspension position?

Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any recommendations?

I do mostly trail riding in Maine and I would like a little more stability when railing corners. Basically, I would liek to make an nice x-country machine.
Any help help or suggestion would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.

I did this to my 01 700mm. It worked fine & I did not have to make any changes to the rear skid.

ducky_d said:
Why should you have to change the trailingarms ???

I was told that the MM trailing arms would bind with the longer travel. I'm not sure if this is correct. If you know something else, please let me know, one less item to buy.
Thanks

You don,t have to change trailing arms. Just bolt everything in & go...mine was fine like that.

the reason people say to change the trailing arms is because the are different, the angle where the shock mounts on is at a slightly different angle, but the rubber bushing in the shock more then makes up for it, and won't cause any trouble, I did my 2002 mmax

Pic below when I had just one side completed, you can see the diff

WidningKit.jpg

Back