Chain-case oil change...where is drain plug?

Blaster, Look inside your tunnel directly under the chaincase and inline with the axle. I made a huge mess while longtracking my viper. Thought you could just drain through the small recess under the chaincase. Found the plug after pulling the axle.
Good luck!!
Dave :WayCool: :WayCool:

Ok done deal. That was way easier than turning the machine upside down.

If a guy you knew put too much oil in the chaincase, would this cause all kinds of problems or should be just move on to fix/break something else.

yes

There is a drain plug but it is tricky to get at, my advise, we just flip it in it's side, unbolt the cover and drain it with a suction gun.

why not just open up the chaincase cover and let it drain out the hole in the bottom of the bellypan, that way while you are in there you can inspect everything, clean everything out real good (because you will never get all the shavings but just draining it, and you can very accurately set your chain tension. You guys feel confident with not inspecting your chaincase everytime you change the chaincase oil?

why not just open up the chaincase cover and let it drain out the hole in the bottom of the bellypan, that way while you are in there you can inspect everything, clean everything out real good (because you will never get all the shavings but just draining it, and you can very accurately set your chain tension. You guys feel confident with not inspecting your chaincase everytime you change the chaincase oil? A blown chaincase isn't worth it, and its never fun being towed home. The small time difference is worth it to me.

Back