159 setup

The Snakester

I am installing a 159 track on my sled and was wondering what kind of setup changes I am going to have to make with the clutching/gearing and the suspension

Snakster let me know how much better it is compared to your 151. I added a M 10 and lost overall foot print on my 151. more travel bigger wheels = less footprint

The biggest diff is to gear that thing way down. The biggest mistake i see mountain riders make is to gear the sled way too high!

gears

I'm at 18/39 with reverse 8 tooth drivers on a 151 2"and would go lower if I could but I need a little more floatation. Maybe a 151/16wide would be a better choice, what do you think?

Snake I just put a 159 on my Viper, I took out the transfer rods and put in limiter straps like MPI kit It works great with the rear shock loose front one stiff with front limiters in the middle. Im going out Sunday to ride it got to get the clutches dialed in but Im waiting for gears. 42-19

Gild what kind of track speed do you get? I went Sun and climibng a really steep hill I was getting about 48 with the 159 I was extremely impressed It flat out climbs will also do at least 87 on the trail Hey Whitee are you going to a shorter chain for those gears? I still have the stock chain in and I don't think I can go smaller on top than the 20. Please let me know Thanks for all of your help.

Snake you can use the stock 70 link chain as long as you change both gears, bigger bottom and smaller top. What seconary are you running and helix?

Snakester

It's turning just under 50 corrected as close as we can because of it being an 02 with 8s. It's trenching! won't touch my SXr /151 or buds MM/151.Big Difference.

Just got a HI TEch Duane sent me a 46-50 multi angle to try. Going to Cooke City for a week to play and get it dialed in

Back