Spark Plugs

schroon

Website
www.pacific-custom.com
I have a 98 & 99 SRX 700. What are the best spark plugs to use BR9ES or BR9ECS? Also what is the best way to keep one of the cylinders from fouling out? Once it does Ican't seem to clean it up, so I just change the plug.

br9ecs

The factory recommends the ecs because if you use any other kind they say its bad for the pistons and wont cover engine replacement. So use the ecs, they are made just for srx's.

The ECS's have a shorter ground strap, that supposedly will withstand higher heat and resist melting and falling into the cylinder. Also the ECS's have a chamfered inner that also is supposed to perform better. Put a post in the tech section, and I am sure you will get the exact reason.

Lots of guys run the ES's with no problems, also. But, I stick with the ECS's

I ran ECS for part of last year, but couldn't keep them from fouling while I was warming the sled up. I heard through the grapevine that you can run BR9EYA plugs (Arctic Cat plugs I believe) and I've run them for probably 500 miles or more so far with no problems, no fouling. And at $2 apiece as opposed to $5 or more, I'll take that any day. Might be worth a shot, have yet to hear of any problems from doing this.

ecs

ecs's are the way to go the angle of them prevents detonation, yes they will foul more than es's but just be easy on the choke. I have had a set of ecs's last me 800-1000 miles no problems.

Back