94 wildcat clutch test

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
If you are reading this, thank you. Nobody ever really goes here.
The deal is this sled ran like crap since I got it running. I bought it non running for $300. I thought I could quick fix it and sell it for a profit, well that didn't happen. I didn't know anything about EFI sleds. I tried everything. Even a used motor.(crank was slightly out of phase I found out) I clutched it thinking it was water in the gas and would clear out. Nope.
I finally got it to run perfect now by replacing the main engine wiring harness which I had laying around here for a year. I did this 3 days ago. The next day I installed a skid from a 2001 ZL800 that I bought on ebay and rebuilt. Had to make new mounts and all but rides like a dream. 13.5" of travel. I have a good amount of money in this sled, it didn't look this way at all when I got it.
My clutch kit consists of:
D&D orange primary spring
AC 62 gram weights
D&D 60/46 helix
AC red/white secondary spring in 4th hole.
When I pin it, tach will say 9000 max but tach isn't accurate.
It pulls very hard.
I would like for someone with a good ear to listen and see what you think rpm is.
8100-8300 is where max power is.
This is the sled I want to swap tracks with for my srx. It has the exact same track and this one has 144 1.05" effective length studs(the ones I wanted for my srx)
Its a 700EFI twin. I have a fancy DMM with tach function but it doesn't seem to like a wasted spark ign system. I'm sure I could set it up right with a little research.
http://youtu.be/4zhVUGZUF8A
Again, thank you for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3