Mountain Max 600 The Z project

Lil' Mtndreamer

Hello everyone, my name is Zander and I'm 13. I have a Mountain Max 600 triple 141". I have been working on this sled for awhile (almost 2 months) and I want to share what I did to this sled.
First thing I did is was I put my aftermarket handle bars of my v max 500 which we sold. The handle bars include stock throttle block, stock brake lever, and stock hand warmers. The aftermarket parts include Pro Armor tether kill switch, PowerMadd grab strap, ROX speed fx billet handguard mounts, PowerMadd star series Orange/Black Handguard System, RSI Large Camo Handlebar Pad, RSI Handle bar risers, and RSI Race Bend Chromoly Handlebar. I also got a led light for my handle bars how we mounted it to the handle bars was we drilled a 2 holes in my risers and man that thing is bright!

Here's a pic

IMG_1182.jpg

OK so that's the first thing.

So Here's what I did next. I took of the air box. The carbs, and the head. I used Dupli color base coat and orange metalcast and painted the carb top plates, the head, and a metal ring off a viper to go on the secondary clutch.

Here's a pic

IMG_1132.jpg

I really liked the way it turned out.

The next thing I did was pulled my skid, drive shaft, and chain case. I tapped my driveshaft for a viper pickup. I wired a viper gauge on it and it worked! I didn't test the speed pickup yet though. And the rpm seems to be correct so awesome!
Then my skid got a tki 2 wheel axle kit that I got for my birthday and my dad gave me some ce component 8" idler wheels. my dad had some other ones too so I put them where the other wheels are that are by the drop down bracket and put some new hyfaxes on it.

Here's a pic

IMG_1177.jpg

So That's it for the skid so let's move on.

The next thing I had to fix is my bent chassis

Here's a pic

IMG_1132[1].jpg

Yeah...Pretty bent

so I had to pull my motor....lol this is going to be interesting. Me, my dad, and my brother pulled the motor. We then bent the chassis back and reinforced it with some aluminum angle on the side of the clutch not the side of the motor.
Then we cleaned everything up and put the motor back in and a day later oil was coming out the bottom of my sled and we had to pull it back out... Yay! we cleaned it all up then just set the motor in the sled to see if it was still leaking, One day later it was still leaking so we pulled it straight up and it was coming from the oil pump! I took it apart and found oil coming from the plate that holds the cable and it was bent causing a gap to let oil out so I bent it back and it we haven't put the motor back in because my tunnel is getting painted. it didn't leak before I pulled the motor I think it had some thing to do when I put a extend cable on it and might of bent the plate.

The other thing is I got a 144" track because it will fit with those 8" idler wheels. I had to pull skid and chain case again. Ugh...

I also got a goldfinger left hand throttle for my birthday already installed.

Other things on my sled include nytro snow flap, Viper rear bumper, Viper shocks, m8 skis, and viper trailing arms.

my other things I'm working on at the moment is a custom mesh hood and a custom seat.

here's what the seat will look like just ignore the oil bottle and the mess lol so don't shout at me for the mess!!

IMG_1176.jpg

mtndreamer's viper was my donor sled. Here's the story on that sled, my dad sold that sled to one of his buddies. and he bought a push turbo m1000 and next thing you now the viper is totaled. His buddy was going up a mountain and fell off...lol then it ghost rode down the mountain and hit a tree head first. so his buddy parted it out the only things that were left was chassis, motor, skid, and some other parts.

pics of donor sled

viper%201.JPG

thanks for reading my thread and I will keep you updated.

Lil' Mtndreamer

Last edited:

Does any one know the bolt torque specs for the front motor mount bolts, the rear motor mount bolts, the primary clutch bolt, and secondary clutch bolt. Thank you

Last edited:
bolts to chassis at 65 ft lbs, bolts to engine block 24 ft lbs. primary clutch is a 2 part. set the clutch at 85 ft lbs then loosen it up and torque to 43 ft lbs. the secondary bolt just snug it up. its an aluminum bolt and the specs are incorrect from yamaha.

bolts to chassis at 65 ft lbs, bolts to engine block 24 ft lbs. primary clutch is a 2 part. set the clutch at 85 ft lbs then loosen it up and torque to 43 ft lbs. the secondary bolt just snug it up. its an aluminum bolt and the specs are incorrect from yamaha.

Thank you very much!

Back