Exhaust can drilling?

SXVIPERGUY21

I have been kicking around the idea of putting an exhaust can on my 97 SX 700 Triple. After a little research i saw a few guys talking about drilling 2 inch wholes in the stock exhaust can and that will add a little hp and good sound. my question is will this hurt anything on the sled to drill my stock exhaust? I figured it would be a lose of some back pressure? mainly looking to get yalls opinion on drilling out your stock can or just buying an aftermarket

Last edited:

Awesome thank you guys for the info i also came across this can made by Staring Line Products on ebay and wanted to get your all opinion on or if you have ever heard of it? not sure why its so cheap in comparison to the others but i feel like for 10$ what could hurt to try it out? here is a link to it if you any one wanted to check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Staring-Lin...ash=item569ca8200b:g:vOkAAOSwbtVZUyJ5&vxp=mtr

and heres the slp and a snostuff. That price on the ebay link has to be a mistake. they are around $400 new.

Awesome thanks for toughs sound clips. i thought it was a mistake too but idk? The part number and picture matches the same pipe from other sellers around? I read and reread and as far i can see its the can itself?! I purchased one and it only charged me 10$ and says its shipped so we will see what i get on 8-5 when it gets in? and i will make sure to report back lol. As far as reliability is one route more preferred than the other?

Last edited:
Awesome thank you guys for the info i also came across this can made by Staring Line Products on ebay and wanted to get your all opinion on or if you have ever heard of it? not sure why its so cheap in comparison to the others but i feel like for 10$ what could hurt to try it out? here is a link to it if you any one wanted to check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Staring-Lin...ash=item569ca8200b:g:vOkAAOSwbtVZUyJ5&vxp=mtr

How can that only be $10? it would cost more than that to ship it.

Well update, Long story but ebay had a large pricing mistake somehow and could not get them at 10$ the company that was selling them was very sorry and offered me the pipe at discounted price of 100$ which is still good. I understand mistakes happen so i bought it for 100$ still far better than 250!

Back