Yamaha Exciter 570 1988 restoration

Looks GREAT! Nice work..

I see the word "vintage" along with 1988 and I think, "fu#& I'm old". Schnitt that's 10 years newer than the year I graduated some think is vintage,,

I'd feel better if you called it "classic" lol.

opsled.

Can you explain where you got the template, what paint, prep, ect. For the seat lettering?

I went to the firm that makes decals, templates etc. and took original seat cover with me. Then i made the paint and used RAL3013 colorcode. The paint is Sikkens Autobase Plus (car paint) with elast-o-actif and hardener and was made in spraycan. You have to use it within few days (beacuse the hardener). Therefore that text outlast longer.

I own the paintshop, so i also made the hood and sidepanels paint too and sprayed it myself. It took few moments to match it perfectly.
20180928_144035.jpg 20181128_124514.jpg

How scarce are Yamahas there? Not a whole lot of them where I'm located. Around here, there known as the Chrysler Imperials of the snowmobile world.
BTW ... Chrysler Imperials are not allowed in demolition derbys because they are built like a brick sh!thouse and never lose a derby.

How scarce are Yamahas there? Not a whole lot of them where I'm located. Around here, there known as the Chrysler Imperials of the snowmobile world.
BTW ... Chrysler Imperials are not allowed in demolition derbys because they are built like a brick sh!thouse and never lose a derby.

Actually you can find these rather common in here and especially in Sweden. Obviously they are in terrible condition and need love and care to get them running :D

Today was shakedown for our annual vintagesafari (yes, in my opinion this is vintage :D). We drive approx. 300-400 kilometers around wilderness. All sleds must be year 1995 or older.

54521852_2219390751453190_5329925380633526272_o.jpg

Here you can find photos of our last trip: https://harry.pic.fi/kuvat/Moottoriurheilu/Tulppiosafari+2018/
_AM_0884 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Back