1997 Enticer 2 help

targa20

A friend brought over his sled to get it running after two years of sitting. Figured it would be an easy carb job.... here’s where I am at. Has around 110 psi in both holes. Has spark put mixed gas down the cylinders and it won’t do anything. I took the carb off twice, I blew threw the exhaust thinking it was plugged. I installed a primer bulb and it gets hard once the bowl is full. I have gas coming out the hose at the carb when I pull it over. What’s going on here. I thought even if it was a carb issue I should get a fart out of it if I have spark and give it a little gas down the cylinder. Thanks in advance

After more gas down the cylinders and feathering the throttle while pulling it came alive. It idles but won’t run without choke and is only running on one. Pulled the plugs and one looks good the other is very rich but not wet. Guess I am back to carb issue but not much info on these Teikei carbs that I can find.

have you ohm tested the plug caps? they do go bad. try new plugs as well or clean and re gap what you have. i have been heating them lately until they stop smoking with good results.

i know that carb sucks. sounds like it needs a good cleaning. i would do the fuel filter while you are at it as well if you do not know when it was last changed. mine is always stubborn to start if it sits too long. i figure that it siphons back. before it put e start on it, it always took 2-3 times with gas down the cylinders before it would stay running on its own if i left it without starting it for over a month. even replace the fuel pump chasing this but it made no difference in my case.

Check your wiring harness under the Y-pipe(Known to rub on motor mount).Its a long shot but it nice to take a gander(Just watch the hot muffler:whine:)

If your running only on choke that sounds like the pilot jets are clogged. Id definitely do a carb job. Could be one jet is fine and the other is clogged and wont hit on one cylinder. Good luck to you man!

I had it running long enough to warm it up and drive it. I believe it is maybe just the choke setting. I can’t find anywhere that says where it is supposed to be set to. I have cleaned this carb about six times but still seems like the pilots are dirty as it runs great on the mains once it gets going. Do those rubber plugs go bad? I am 99% sure this carb is clean. I cleaned it twice with carb cleaned then blew air through it. Then did an hour in an ultrasonic cleaner and blew it out then cleaned it two more times ......

the rubber plugs do not go bad as the 88 vk i have still has the oe ones in it. it is sounding like they are in the wrong hole though. that happened on my vk and it would only run as you described. has the fuel filter been replaced recently? i know i am due on mine.

Yes new filter and primer bulb installed. I will try switching the rubbers into the other holes. Thanks

Back