SRX heelclicker, why only red spring?

norwegian

I read somewhere here that only the red spring is recommended for the srx, unless all you are looking for is getting up to speed the fastest? How can this be? My other question is, shouldn't the gray spring behave like the red spring, less the top end?
The pre load is the same and the rate is the same.

YES, THEY BOTH WORKED GOOD WHEN I TESTED THEM, HEEL CLICKER ALSO MADE A WHITE, BUT THAT UPED ENGAGEMENT ALOT.3:16 (yammie tony)

I miss my HC set up. Now I have weights that are set up for top end only. I had 8bu-00 weights once along with a blue-white-blue primary spring, and a green stock secondary spring and something like a 47/42 helix. My problem was that it would always make a black ring at the center of the primary. Why? That was with 22/40 gearing too.

The red spring and grey spring should have different rates. They do have the same pre-load, but different end forces. The red spring is a 230/360 and the grey is a 230/330. The rate of the red spring is 1.79kg exact and the grey spring is 1.38kg. These numbers are from my memory.

Weird, I remember the rates being the same, but I could be wrong. I have the instructions at home though.

Josh, Thats Sounds Right On Those Springs. H/c Are Great Weights. Anyways That Black Ring Could Be Anything From Mis Alignment Clutches To A Dirty Secondary Thats Sticking. 3:16 (yammie Tony)

Thanks, but I'm looking for this numner for the white, "the rate of the red spring is 1.79kg exact and the grey spring is 1.38kg. These numbers are from my memory".

good luck to you. i am on the hunt for a new red spring myself as the new one i had failed this season after 1200mi roughly and i had to throw the old one back in to finish the season off.

A red spring you can just order. Alot harder to find a gray one.

Last edited:

Back