New sport utv

On one forum I guy who,s buddy works at the Yamaha plant in the southern US said it will be well worth the wait.He also mention it won,t be a 708cc engine,think multi-cylinder(sled engine?).

That looks to be a well designed ute. It said there wasn't a belt so it must be a dual shaft drive. Very reliable and low maintence if so.

They havent put out and hp numbers but it is a similar design to the crf unicam engines which the 450 puts out over 50hp and thats a single cylinder. That 6 speed trans should make it real fun too. To bad it doesnt have better suspension.

If they pull thru with what I have heard is coming... it will be the machine to buy.

Hope you're right. Almost pulled the trigger on a wildcat this spring, but the dealer told me yamaha was coming out with a new sport sxs in September so I didn't get the wildcat. From the looks of the teaser videos it's going to be fast. Sounds like the nytro/viper motor in it. Can't wait to see what yamaha came up with.:yam:

Hope you're right. Almost pulled the trigger on a wildcat this spring, but the dealer told me yamaha was coming out with a new sport sxs in September so I didn't get the wildcat. From the looks of the teaser videos it's going to be fast. Sounds like the nytro/viper motor in it. Can't wait to see what yamaha came up with.:yam:

I hear their joining the true sport sxs with the intent to be ahead of the competition in every way they can.

If that is the nytro/viper engine that it sounds like can you imagine the rigs that can be built with all the turbo support up to 300hp already out there for it!

Hopes its a Nytro motor but me thinks its a twin.......

Why would yamaha spend time and money making a twin 1000 when they already have a triple thats pushing more hp than the rzr 1000 and the same as the maverick turbo?? It makes perfect sense putting the triple in since no other brand has one.

I think MrSled knows a bit more about this new side by side then a lot of us.... 8)

So the rumor I heard...... is that it will be a triple based on the FZ09 engine (850cc and ~105hp) and have about 13" of travel. That's from a yamaha employee who claims to have gotten his information from some engineers. He also said that AC is not involved, that it is pure Yamaha.

If thats the case, it makes it sound more like a 60" wide RZR900 fighter than a top dog performance SXS, so I'm sincerely hoping he didn't know what he was talking about...

Gimme 16"+ of travel and and 120+ hp in a Yamaha and I will have a Maverick for sale very very quickly.

Back