97 SX duel headlght

Yamahasrx700

Just finished my 97 duel head light conversion. Used my parts off of my 01 SRX and used two 3800 lueman LED from Cyclops.

Attachments

• 0808151124.jpg
    0808151124.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 0808151124a.jpg
    0808151124a.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 22

Used 2 a/c to d/c converters from Cyclops and wired both to the factory single headlight plug (10 minutes). The light is whiter and brighter then my SRX. I will see how far out the light goes when the snow flies. Right now I have the smothing coil unplugged, it causes some high frequency pulsing of the LED's.

What is your tach doing?

why not just run dual 35w hid 4300k hi/lo kits and a small battery in place of the smoothing coil?

Love the look of this though.

Always thought one of these would look good with silver trailing arms, silver tunnel and viper seat/tank stuff with dual bulb top. modern take on old iron

So far its plug and play. I need to find out how the smoothing coil trims the A/C power then I can find one that operates in that range. The tach works just fine with the coil plugged in, but the lights have this high fequency pulse.

His leds come already modified for a/c. Not sure exactly what modifications he had to do inside the balast. It's basically a plug and play deal as they are just h4 lights. The only issue I had last year is the leds themselves would overheat and the built-in circuitry would kill the light in protection mode, even though the cooling fans would still be running. Anyway he sent me a totally new light kit to try this season as the snow was basically gone last year when I was having problems. Stellar guy as far as customer service. There was no pulsing. It will be a few months yet before I pick up my sled and swap the new lights to try out.

Last edited:

Back