Phazer II to Grass Drag

SamuelJackson

I havent wrote here for a while but I think now good time for that. I bought 1992 Phazer II and planned to race it at grass this September. Sadly theres no class for fan cooled sleds and I have to race at class under 500cc.

Phazer is at pretty good shape and it has Finnish made Totaltek single pipe. Totaltek pipe is a very good combo of torque and top end power. I have made little mods to sled, heres few of those.

Driveline: Bigger 9 size drive sprokets, gearing 17-35, hauck orange primary spring. Engament is now at 5100 rpm.

Engine : Thick 1.0 mm base gasket, no top end gasket just glue. -97 vmax 600cc, 36 mm carburetos, no intake box.

Other: reinforcements to skid for winter, lighter skis to grass.

I will test ride sled tomorrow against Lynx 550 RC, Lynx stock horsepower is round 74 hps. So if Phazer is faster i`ll go racing...

So no race for me. I lead first 50 m after that Lynx passed me and won. Phazer driveline just wont push to bigger gear. That Hauck orange spring seems to be way too stiff. Because of very busy week at work I don't have time to test more.

Anyway I planned to make setup ready for next summer. Brother Ike promised put pictures here.

Last edited:
Airbox modding.

vrzvhf.jpg

behftk.jpg

5n3tdj.jpg

ibvvwo.jpg

Engine porting

2weh1s5.jpg

inv9dw.jpg

1zlredh.jpg

Ike

Back