1991 srv 540

Khulley

Hi, new here, been reading discussions and I know there's a lot of knowledge here. Anyway just picked up a 91 SRV the top of both rear shocks rub on the track, not sure why, I've removed the rear skid cause I'm going to replace the track any thing to look for when I put it back together, or should I replace it with an xtra 10 or any other suggestions?. Thanks a lot

I think you may have some weird stuff going on. The top of the rear shock may contact the track from time to time due to the track bouncing and flexing. The front shock has absolutely no way it can hit the track as its between the linkage. Can you post a pic of your skid??

I'll get some better ones once I'm home, im wondering if it was assembled wrong cause the front shock really sticks up high

Make sure everything is greased and also I think there three or four suspension rods that come out they should be greased every year. A lot of times there are grease fittings on there . I have a 90 and I had to weld mine on. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

Pretty sure I've got a broken bracket, anyway you could shoot me a pic of what yours looks like thanks again

Carb boot oem vs aftermarket
182565ca9df2c7bdea65259b2667e866.jpg
OEM
6c5980bf4be0f9bbde771e13ec7ab500.jpg
aftermarket

Sent from my iPhone

I would send that carb boot back and find an oem or genuine Mikuni flange. That boot wont seal correctly because there isnt metal in the flange like the original. It will cup when you torque it down. I've tried the cheap boots in the past with poor results. Also, I can guaranty that flange will dry rot and crack within a year.

Yes it will. At would a company sell that product noing that hole is off? Like I said I just grab a bunch of them they where cheap and there about 11 oem with different sizes. But I would of never to look for that . Thanks Shawn .

Sent from my iPhone

5 of the #38 boot flange bags say spi and RSI. The ones # 20 are for 40 or 44
a68a75d027386673615bae3860c2ce8c.jpg
and some odd ones are in bags sealed with no lettering.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey, thanks for the help guys, I found the suspension bracket, we'll be nice to get this thing back together, still haven't found the airbox side carb boot, maybe eBay? Has anyone ever used one that worked off different machine? The pics and one your referring to is on the intake side.

Back