Picked up a nice 787 Maxximum SRX!

I originally went to look at the sled thinking I would buy it for the BB top end to put on my 2000 SRX and then put the Stock 2000 top end on this sled. This sled is a 98, the original owner switched out the black plastic for the blue. The sled has a Maxximum roller secondary and clutch kit, looks like a Hauck can and a new 1 inch ripsaw track with 192 mega bites.i have a set of Bender BB pipes i'm going to throw on it and give her a try. The last owner said he just put a new set of pistons in last Winter when he put the new track on. Compresion is 135 in all three holes. The kit uses the 73 mm Wiseco pistons.

Tony, It was listed as a 788 here in MI.by my cottage on craigslist. The owner was the second owner and told me it had the 73.00mm Wiseco pistons so doing the math that would make it a 778. I have the carbs off to clean now so I will probably pull a head and make sure what pistons are in it. I guess as of now I hope it is just the 778 because I just bought another set of 73.00mm Wiseco's for a spare set. Do you know what pistons the 788 kit used Tony?

thats a 780 , wiseco part #2455m07300. .040 oversized. it would not work in a 788 cc . now harlond i could be wrong. i myself never saw a 788 cc. but who knows. i am doing a 780 right now for my 2002 srx thats uses those pistons. they are .73 mm. 3:16x (yammie tony)

also, i believe thats the same 780 as mine. which was a maxximum performance big port designed by mega -power. 3:16x (yammie tony)

2000 Maxximum Performance sleds - AmSnow.com
amsnow.com/.../10/2000 Maxximum Performance sleds.aspx

Here was an article from American Snowmobiler that said the original BB SRX was a 780 with forged pistons but the later BB used cast pistons and bumbed up to 787.

It sounds pretty healthy, time to tinker a little and get ready for some colder weather.

max built the early 780 with wiseco pistons and then went to a cat cast piston to try and get more reliability due to the warm up with wisecos, you also had to use a shim plate under the cylinders because of the wristpin location with the later cast cat piston set up. Very little to no porting in the max performance big bore topends.

I see the sled has a race logic sticker, so its just a guess but maybe has been updated to those specs, should run pretty good if so,decent trail specs for a srx..

ya harlond mine is a 780 , with the wiseco setup. mine came from mark giametti but was a maxximum kit. like i said, i never saw the 787cc 3:16x (yammie tony)

i also will add wiseco has made leap and bounds since 2000. i am gonna run stk pipes and carbs. just a plug in and play. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I had a set of Marks ported cylinders and head set on my 02 SRX back in the early 2000's. He did some great work back then,was sorry to see him go. I still run his clutch kit in my 02.

Thanks for the info mrviper, is the anything to gain with running the Bender BB pipes and stock carbs?

the bender pipes are likely worth about 10hp over stock pipes, the stock carbs will be ok if your trail riding it, the bigger carbs dont make more power till peak or all topend running.

harlond those are the best pipes ever made for the srx period. they make torque that would knock a brick wall down , and at stock peak. you have to be a blind man to miss clutching on these. 100% use them on your motor. i seen three sets dynoed at c & h here in ny, very impressive. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Nice score Hman!
Thats a BIG Racelogic decal. Makes me wonder if John Caldwell actually had his hands on your cyl's. Me may have lived near the guy?

2000 Maxximum Performance sleds - AmSnow.com
amsnow.com/.../10/2000 Maxximum Performance sleds.aspx

Here was an article from American Snowmobiler that said the original BB SRX was a 780 with forged pistons but the later BB used cast pistons and bumbed up to 787.

It sounds pretty healthy, time to tinker a little and get ready for some colder weather.

Does anyone know which cast pistons were used with this kit? Just picked one up and I need to get pistons for it. Thanks

Back