600 Twin - Looking for better throttle response

I have been reading this thread and was wodering if this would work on the 500 twin as well. Not the clutching but reed stop notch and such. Thanks guys

I don't know, I went and reread the reed notch instructions and it seemed pretty straight forward to me. Says that it "unblock the intake port for a straighter flow into the case on the top side of the reed stopper" which is what it does.

easy mod to do, doesn't hurt to try! But I do believe it says 500/600. Like I said I plan to have this done by xmas so i'll report back the difference in response when I get it done.

I don't know, I went and reread the reed notch instructions and it seemed pretty straight forward to me. Says that it "unblock the intake port for a straighter flow into the case on the top side of the reed stopper" which is what it does.
That center reed flows into the boost port which goes to the clyinder, not the case.

No problem sgtlange when you get it all together you will notice a big change in throttle response and performance in that little 600 twin.
I know i did.
Also a lot better fuel economy.

Could anyone explain a little more on the 8ab weights? Are these stock or aftermarket? It seems a lot of Yamaha parts start with 8ab.

Last edited:
Can you clarify this to me? You put sxv700 reed cages in a 01 srx 500, with the oem sxv700 reeds in it? Then you put in reedstoppers from which sled into it? SXR triple?

Back