2016 Minnesota TY ride

sleddineinar

VIP Member
I figured I start a new thread, to keep us updated on snow conditions and such.

Feb 26-28. My house in Ely will be available. Sleeps 8-12 people. I do have a sauna. My house in between Ely and Babbitt, there is trail access to the main trails. Anybody wanting to stay at a Hotel I can recommend the Junction Inn in Babbitt. It's on the trail and has the Junction Bar & Grill right next to it, as well as the Hideaway less than a block away. I've talked to the owners, they do s snowmobilers special where they knock the price down a bit, but didn't have a set discount yet. The price there is $110 a night/2 person to room, and $20 a night if you want to add another adult per room. The sledders discount would put more like $90 a night... There are also several places in Ely. You just need to let me know where you are planning on staying. I will be driving up Thursday afternoon, so if anybodies wants too we can ride all day Friday too.

It finally started to snow up around Ely. The week before Christmas I was up there and there was 8-10" on the ground. Some of the lakes weren't frozen yet, but have since frozen up and are making ice.

Are there any requirements? Because I seen there is a disclaimer for TY rides, does that mean non-members technically are not part of the group ride? I was going to ask a couple friends whom are not internet savvy so forums may as well be in a foreign language, oh and one has an arctic cat :whine: !

Are there any requirements? Because I seen there is a disclaimer for TY rides, does that mean non-members technically are not part of the group ride? I was going to ask a couple friends whom are not internet savvy so forums may as well be in a foreign language, oh and one has an arctic cat :whine: !

My guess is you could print out the riders agreement and have them read it though, or read it to them. Oh, and make sure your cat buddy brings a rope. ;)

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interact...ight=450&nw=600&nh=450&h_o=0&font=0&js=1&uc=0

I went riding this past Saturday with BlueIronRanger (Brandon). The trails from my house to Babbitt and then from Babbitt to the Tomahawk Trail was great! However the Tomahawk back to Ely had not been groomed yet and was very rough. They got more snow over night and I did some off trail riding on Sunday with my cousins and the swamps are a little rough, but not bad. They got more snow, and are going to get more this week. As long as the temps stay reasonable and don't get too warm, we should be golden!

Last edited:
I'm a probably not but are still kicking around the idea of running up Saturday morning, riding that afternoon, getting some Sunday time in, and then roll home that evening

Back