Phazer 500

TheMightyQuinn

I've been lurking on this site for quite some time now, soaking in a bunch of awesome information, figured I'd finally put up a post or two.

This is the first sled I've actually owned, I've always just ridden family (parents) sleds. When those got sold, I was without sledding for a few years. Last year I borrowed a friends '97 500 Indy and got rehooked. So a couple weeks ago I picked up a '00 Phazer 500.

On the way home.
Screenshot_2015-12-16-11-01-17.png

Two days later.
IMG_20151221_202612717.jpg

I've got some new plastic dual keel skis on it, the stock metal ones were a bit bent, rust, and metal. I'm building a small cargo rack for the back to haul a small gas can, shovel, etc. Whatever things I deem necessary. I'm not entirely sure how well I'm gonna like the skis, but they can't be any worse than the stock units. Planning on a track extension and deeper lug, but not this year cuz I'll be riding it. Updates may be few and far between as I get stuff done.

I even post up some YouTube vidyas every now and then. Haven't uploaded anything too recently as I moved and haven't been ambitious enough to get home internet again. But that should be getting remedied soon.
https://youtu.be/jRRYhD2bBMs

Thanks!

I forgot to mention, while I'm new to sled ownership, I'm not new to owning Yamaha's. For whatever reason, it's what my family has ridden since my dad was a twinkle in my grand dads eye. I swear, the Honda in that pic up there is my friends bike, not mine. I do, however, own an '82 XV920, 2 '80 XS850, '82 XJ650, '83 XJ750, most of an RD400, a few other frames and engines, and the only non Yamaha is an '80 Suzuki GS450. That Honda is an '84 VF700

You will like the plastic ski's. They are alot lighter than the still skies. The phazer's are great sleds I have an 87 phazer still runs like new never opened up and has about 8000 miles on it but I think its time for a set of rings. I ride it more than my 97 600.

I know I'll like them better than the stock units, I just have my reservations about dual keel skis.

My dad had an '85? Phazer, and we put more than 10000 miles on it. Definitely needed reringed though. Up against other phazers it just didn't quite have the snuff to keep up. Still a great little point-and-squirt sled though.

Rack Progress
IMG_20151226_213800484.jpg

Test Fit
IMG_20151226_212849698.jpg

That old chain case fluid. Ick.
IMG_20151227_165800671.jpg

No, the leaves weren't in the case. Lol

Question for all you boondockers out there, will disconnecting/removing the sway bar aid enough in helping get the sled on edge without too much of an adverse effect on trail handling?

Racks looking good. Chain case oil looks like someone had the runs. LOL
Sway bar will make a big difference off trail and not much of a difference on trail.

It's getting to be about that time of year, so I decided to start putting in some work on my sled. First up, I put an awesome new seat on it.

IMG_20161003_155748623.jpg

She's gonna carve like a hot spoon through cupcake frosting now!

One and the same, but also not really. Family name is Quinn. Not all of us can claim The Mighty though. And you ain't seen nothing like The Mighty Quinn.

Before I used this screen name, I was ToasterOven88. Humble beginnings, I guess. Lol.

Back