Srx gas mileage?

nick5oh

Wondering what guys are getting for fuel mileage on an srx trail riding? Around 50km/h speeds. Typical trail speed limit...how many kms on a full tank? Thanks guys

A stock srx is pretty good on gas but I wouldn't go much over a 100 miles to a tank unless someone else with you is carrying extra fuel.

gas mpg depends on the snow and how hard you ride it, along with how good the clutch set up is, but its not uncommon to see a average of 13-14mpg on nice groomed trails, the gastank holds 11.7 u.s gallons or 9.74 imperial gallons, 44.3 litres.

srx do really good on fuel due to the small pilot jets, the stock vipers due almost as well too, its just when you add aftermarket triple pipes with the klarge pilot jets and raised needles they go really bad to about 9mpg on a good set up.

I can usually get 200 km per tank pretty consistently running groomed trails driving easy. If you are running hard or in deeper or loose snow it will bring that down a bit. I have no problem out running a nytro on fuel and seem to be just behind other newer 2 strokes.

my 98 srx got as high as 16 once. usually 14-15 riding 60-100 groomed trails. 80-100+ would drop it down in the 12 range on groomed trails. breaking trail once for a tank got me to 9.

viper with slp pipes, tempaflow, with temp gauges got me to 11mpg, usually 8-10

My best was also 16 mpg. Great trails, moderate pace. Trip meter read 170 miles and it took exactly 10 gallons to fill. I'm accounting for speedo error on the 16 mpg instead of the 17 mpg registered. And I've always been a gallon or two less than my friends Apex on fill ups.

speaking of oil usage, 300kms per liter? roughly? want to monitor that so I know the motor stays healthy. gonna use yamalube this season with a fresh pv cleaning and see how it looks after the season is done. how many liters/gallons does the oil tank take?

depends on year and model. gas tank/oil tanks changed, if your sled has a cap on what used to be the coolant overflow can attached to the side of the oil tank, you have a smaller oil tank and larger gas capacity. From memory, 2.8 quarts and gas at 12.2 instead of 11.7

Just refilled my oil and fuel after three rides totalling 65miles. Half of it cruising the other half aggressive driving. Ofcourse the sled sat there for 10 min three times for warm up so that hurts overall mileage right off the bat. Also note mine is a redhead 700 Venture but the data is still interesting.

Took 23L and 500 ml of oil for 100km.
That's 12.3 imperial miles per gallon and
48 : 1 fuel to oil consumption. I'm sure the mileage would have been better if it was all done in one trip.

Last edited:
I found my 02 harder on fuel when I installed 2000 model 42.5 pilots set at 1.75 out, and 2001 main jets...

But the peace of mind is worth it for me...these engines are not very cheap to rebuild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found my 02 harder on fuel when I installed 2000 model 42.5 pilots set at 1.75 out, and 2001 main jets...

But the peace of mind is worth it for me...these engines are not very cheap to rebuild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes them expensive to rebuild? The fact that there's 3 of everything? The cylinders are plated too correct? That adds cost I guess???

Back