sr viper skis on tss sled

Maim

Super Moderator
as the sx viper skis are obsolete and I bent my saddles on the set I had I grabbed a spare tss strut and went to local dealer to try it on a set of take off sr viper skis. with rubbers removed the bolt lined up with clearance underneath to spare. took some minor mods but bolted right up. here is a list of how I did it.

all parts where purchased and modded to fit an 1997 et410.

parts list
2 sr viper skis (I used non tuner skis)
2 sx viper spindle sleeves 90387-1012h
2 apex mtx spacer bushings 90387-16013
2 sr viper ski bolts 8jp-ra193-00
2 sr viper nuts 8jp-ra359-00
4 sr viper washers 8jp-ra443-00

1st step is to get the sx viper spindle sleeves and the apex spacers cut down.

cut the sx viper sleeve down to below thickness from end
from the end and this diameter

the apex spacer needs to be cut to the same thickness.

you can do washers for a shim but I have broken bolts using that method before so I prefer the sleeve.

you then need to flip the lower scizors bolt around so that the nut side aligns with the spacer for maximum ski tip lift. I did not and it does hit the ski if I try to go over 45 degrees.

then you need to take a die grinder with a burr bit or some other cutting device and remove an 1-1/2"-2" of material at the front of the ski mount to allow the tips to pivot up freely.

left ski is modded ski. right is stock.

then assemble with sr viper ski bolts and washers, alingn and enjoy!

added bonus is sr viper skis are wider than the sx viper skis and the keel is deeper too.

my set had dooly carbides on them and I am undecided on how I like them but will run them for now.

as the sx viper skis are obsolete and I bent my saddles on the set I had I grabbed a spare tss strut and went to local dealer to try it on a set of take off sr viper skis. with rubbers removed the bolt lined up with clearance underneath to spare. took some minor mods but bolted right up. here is a list of how I did it.

all parts where purchased and modded to fit an 1997 et410.

parts list
2 sr viper skis (I used non tuner skis)
2 sx viper spindle sleeves 90387-1012h
2 apex mtx spacer bushings 90387-16013
2 sr viper ski bolts 8jp-ra193-00
2 sr viper nuts 8jp-ra359-00
4 sr viper washers 8jp-ra443-00

1st step is to get the sx viper spindle sleeves and the apex spacers cut down.

cut the sx viper sleeve down to below thickness from end
from the end and this diameter

the apex spacer needs to be cut to the same thickness.

you can do washers for a shim but I have broken bolts using that method before so I prefer the sleeve.

you then need to flip the lower scizors bolt around so that the nut side aligns with the spacer for maximum ski tip lift. I did not and it does hit the ski if I try to go over 45 degrees.

then you need to take a die grinder with a burr bit or some other cutting device and remove an 1-1/2"-2" of material at the front of the ski mount to allow the tips to pivot up freely.

left ski is modded ski. right is stock.

then assemble with sr viper ski bolts and washers, alingn and enjoy!

added bonus is sr viper skis are wider than the sx viper skis and the keel is deeper too.

my set had dooly carbides on them and I am undecided on how I like them but will run them for now.

Can you post a picture of them installed on the TSS?

any particular view? sled is out sleeping in snow bank atm so I will have to get them in the daylight.

btw they did work well for the 80 miles I put on them on sat.

best i have so far. sry it took so long. phone did not want to dump them to my pc. had to do it the hard way over wifi. if more needed let me know.

Back