What's 2017 Going to Bring?

In the interview, they claim that they continue to collaborate on the 4 stroke side while on the 2 stroke side they are competitors...well... you first must compete to be considered a "competitor". I truly wish they would provide a 2 stroke choice for us as we (sleds) never had a fuel injected motor to enjoy. DI, 1000 cc 2 stroke, 200 hp, 480 LB SRX...

Even the guy from cat looks like he's ready to break down. LOL
Northernsrx I like you thinking. Buy how would a 450lbs 200hp super light weight vmax4 800 with fuel injection sound? A guy can only dream!!

It's funny before there was even a RX 1 engine in a sled my dad ( R I P ) said it was possible. That was about 10 years before they did it. The technology is there for fuel injected 2 strokes. They just need to do it. The Polaris RXL 650 was fuel injected. That was back in 1993 I believe. Come on Yamaha lets get to it. This same old models are getting boring. I might have to get a ski doo again.. Lol

The funny thing is Yamaha is the only Japanese manufacturer still making full size 2 stroke dirt bikes (granted the engines have been the same for over a decade).

FWIW... way back when the RX-1 was introduced, I was conversing with a Yamaha "rep" who made a very convincing statement - a 2 stroke motor represents 100% total oil loss technology... you just can't argue that statement. With that said, they looked ahead, went to an all 4 stroke lineup for their biggest market (NA) and watched and waited for new regulations to be brought forth. Over a decade has passed and think of what sales they have missed out on by NOT providing a hi-tech 2 stroke platform. The biggest problem remains that snowmobiles represent less than 1% of company sales, business is business

I'm with you. This winter sucks.

We finally got the snow here and my (4 stroke) venture pukes up the kitties on the first local ride out. Now its sitting in the shop waiting for a motor rebuild. Hurts pretty bad to drive past all the beautiful trails on my way to and from work...

But back on task here, my guess is something resembling a motorcycle but made for the snow. More narrow but an articulating front end??? 190hp??? 5 years is a long time to work on something and not be groundbreaking (see YXZ1000 r).

It's a new phaser...lol with new suspension and bigger motor.. Maybe a better seat... Man March 1 can't get here fast enough.

if you build they will come...a 2 stroke! In my neck of the woods2 strokes still dominate which means the vipers just sit in the show room and go on sale at the end of the year...just way too heavy compared to the other stuff. They look nice but until they make a 2 stroke or a 400lb 4 stroke I have to live in the past with old school viper.

Back