Rear handwarmers and taillight

peihank

Hi...newbie here. Just purchased my very first snowmobile...a 2000 Venture XL. The rear handwarmers don't seem to be working and I noticed tonight (in the dark) that when I flick the handwarmer switch on, the taillight becomes much, much brighter. Flick the warmers off and it dims again. Headlight changes a bit when I flick the rear handwarmer switch but just the type of change you would expect when more current is being drawn. I've checked the resistance of the warmers and am getting approx 6 OHMS. Any ideas why the tail light brightens when the handwarmers are activated?

Yep, it sure sounds and is acting like a bad ground, if the heated grips were shorted you'd typically have the opposite going on, your lights would dim when you turn them on. Good Luck!

Hi...newbie here. Just purchased my very first snowmobile...a 2000 Venture XL. The rear handwarmers don't seem to be working and I noticed tonight (in the dark) that when I flick the handwarmer switch on, the taillight becomes much, much brighter. Flick the warmers off and it dims again. Headlight changes a bit when I flick the rear handwarmer switch but just the type of change you would expect when more current is being drawn. I've checked the resistance of the warmers and am getting approx 6 OHMS. Any ideas why the tail light brightens when the handwarmers are activated?

Did you ever figure out your problem?

Back