HELP polaris melt down

Does anybody know the thread size and count for the clutch puller? I am going to use the hydraulic method since I only see using it once I dont want to buy the puller.

Thanks Dannyboy, I will bring the motor with and make sure the sled is the same thread size.

3/4 16 worked perfect clutch came right off! Now a couple of the bearings are not silent when they spin!! Guess they need replacing.

So I found a 500 fan cooed from a 98 super sport with the primary. wonder if this might be the way to go he only wants $200.

I found a guy said he had a crank and cylinder for the 550, I called him and he said that ad was old he has motors for $900 rebuilt. I told him that is not the way I wanted to go as this is becoming a money pit sled, I then asked how he keeps them alive he told me they use the oil update and change the needle. I asked him what needle they use he stated " I am not going to give out that info because of my time and research" I told him I'm not his competition and told him which needle I intended to use he said " you can use whichever needle you want". What a jerk pretty sure his ad was a ploy to up sell his rebuilt motor. Anywho I found a guy that is willing to sell everything I need to make the 488 work.

Okay I bought a 488 with a pipe, clutch, carbs, and coil with cdi. I want to use the harness and stator from the 550 and if possible the cdi stator and coil. Does anybody know if the so I m guessing if the timing is the same and everything bolts up this should work. I am having trouble finding any info on this swap any help would be nice. Even if its just somebody that I can call or email. Thanks.

Back