No snow = BAD MOOD

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
If I have to listen to someone tell me how " nice the weather is " once more I think I'll puke.I can't recall a winter when our area has this poor a sledding season in recent memory.I know we've had El Nino winters but this one is particularly bad.Here it is February 20th and the only snow we have left is what happened to be plowed up into a bank somewhere.

Expecting this winter to be as bad as 1998 and 2010(strong el nino winters)but i got over 1000km miles on my phazer(most of those over the back-country,something i couldn,t do in 98,10 due to lack of snow).Been pretty lucky compared to most on this forum(Had rideable snow;)!,all melted:o|,froze:brr,all the snow came back:letitsnow but all gone again:o|).Worst thing about being a snowmobiler is dealing with mother nature.

Last edited:
The trails here in central WI were awesome till this warm up. Temps in the 40's the last 2 days melted a lot of snow but we still have a base on the trails in most spots that I can see. Temps are supposed to go back down starting tonight so hopefully we will get more snow soon so they can re-open the trails again soon. I only put on a round 450 miles so far this season...that just isn't enough for me! :(

Same here, all these people around me commenting on how nice it is. I got my first ride in last Sunday. We were finally starting to get a good base down. Now it's all gone. Starting from scratch again. There's a couple small weather events this coming week but I fear we're running out of time. There's places north of me that just need a little on top of the frozen base to be back up and riding. I'm only home 1 day a week though so that's out of the question just yet. I'm closing out the job I'm on right now though, so looking to take March off and hopefully salvage my season to the north.

I was just in northern Michigan and we got stuck in the rain. We decided to come home. The trails were so slushy it wasn't fun to drive on. I made 2 trips up there this year and haven't ridden in temps under 30F. Mostly it was about 40F when we were riding. This winter sucks.

lots of snow here guys...road trip?? Was on the river today with the SRX,temps -11 C.The sled was just performing strong today.Only thing that was an issue today was when I was doing wot runs,the damn DCS kept coming on..now that pissed me off.Was trying to bury the needle today and it kept coming on at 110 mph...otherwise motor was snappy and quick today.Being on the throttle most of the time,did around 12.6 mpg...beautiful day of riding here.A lot of hard base everywhere now,slight warm up last week to plus 3C,but the SRX likes the hard pack anyways.
Long range looks good here into March as well.

Back