40-10 H/Cs on 96 XT6

I see. Also I suspect the poor mileage partly due to the slides being hot/melting pretty much all of the time. Now I got the dupont slides in it, cost me 20% of the price of the sled, but hopefully worth it.

Before I pull the trigger on getting the h/c on and dialed in, I need to run it a bit more. On the only time I had it out last year, the Digitron said I was at 1250/1300. It was a warm day at @ 35F and wet snow. This was the first time I've had it out since the digitron was installed and bungs were welded on.
Plugs were 95% washed & piston was 85% washed. I am kinda thinking that my egt probes were welded too close to the engine.

I don't know much about EGT readings, but yes, that seemed a little high.

Stock jetting w/ a 95 .6 head gasket. Beings that the piston and plug was clean it had plenty of fuel. I think I'm just going to have to see if that's where its normal temperature is.

I have an update on this again. About 4 grams in heel and about 5 grams in tip. White 4 stroke HC spring in primary.
Secondary: stock yamaha 41 deg helix and green spring @80 deg. Really hauls the mail, but overrevs to about 8000.

Update:
1,1 gram in heel
7,2 gram in the middle
3,3 grams on the tip.
Yamaha 39 deg helix with green spring @70deg
Overrevs to 8000, but not as fast as the previous set up.

Yes, but it's kind of high before the top end. Oh well, I already maxxed out the middle, so tip it is. I'll try the bigger bolts if i still have some left. This and a washer will add about 1,8 grams to the tip I think. Keep in mind this is a pro action venture 500. But you are right, 7800 rpm is the optimum. I might even try out the 41 deg helix again to load it more.

Back