84 Pro Stock Phazer Build

more pics toward the end of the week ............. should have it in a roller as i am just finishing up building the skid

getting closer pretty much a full roller now and mock up is just about done then on to tear down and making it look pretty .........tunnel enclosure/extension all built tank cover mounted bars and fairing position selected ....just a few more tweeks with the skid setup yet
347.jpg
350.jpg
351.jpg
352.jpg
353.jpg
354.jpg

Nice work! Knowing your skills, I am sure you squared that skid up prior to bolting it all together.

I couldnt tell from the pics, but the skid/tunnel cover did you leave it so it can be removed? Almost appeared as though you permenently attached it? I always kept mine separate for easier maintenance.

Now you just need a rear bumper. I always used 1.5" x 3/16 or 1/4 flat stock aluminum bent with the inside radius reinforced with a weld. Some countersunk allen heads with whizlock nuts on the back side makes a clean finish. I may even have some leftovers that fit that tunnel, if I can find them. Just need a tunnel width for fitment.

Nice work! Knowing your skills, I am sure you squared that skid up prior to bolting it all together.

I couldnt tell from the pics, but the skid/tunnel cover did you leave it so it can be removed? Almost appeared as though you permenently attached it? I always kept mine separate for easier maintenance.

Now you just need a rear bumper. I always used 1.5" x 3/16 or 1/4 flat stock aluminum bent with the inside radius reinforced with a weld. Some countersunk allen heads with whizlock nuts on the back side makes a clean finish. I may even have some leftovers that fit that tunnel, if I can find them. Just need a tunnel width for fitment.

Yes the skid was squared up perfect during the test fitting and final adjustments made for a perfect fit in the chassis the finishing of the skid was the rear wheels and adding a few more wheel kits

oh ya i did get the rear bumper installed too ....lol i used a GPX rear bumper .....

tunnel extension/enclosure is permanently mounted even if i have to get to something on the skid there is plenty of room or if i pull the 2 rear arm bolts the skid drops out real easy so not much of a concern ......the way the skid is designed, if i have to make a major adjustment the whole thing has to come out and half apart anyway but for the most part as long as it is square there should be very little adjustments aside from ski pressure or rear spring pressure

not much to report lately tunnel is in polishing process and bulkhead will head out for blasting and then paint or powder coat ..i have not decided yet
then on to polishing the skid and belly pan then final assembly

I was going to do a retro paint sceme yellow with the black/white checker ...but since i am so far behind on the build and want to have it on the ice yet this winter it will get the best black panels i have until i have time to paint it .....it may just stay all black too

Hey now that is not nice to talk about my drivers like that ..............

TJ's just jealous that you hired his sister to drive your sleds.

Faster, better lookin and wears a bra big enough to hold his beer belly.

Understandable.. :babe:

opschmuck

Back