TY SRV 540 into a SS 440 Chassis

Update: Finally found some time to get the SRV Motor Cleaned up and dropped into the SS 440. Next step will be carbs and see if she will fire up.
IMG_1239.jpgIMG_1240.jpg
IMG_1241.jpgIMG_1242.jpg
IMG_1243.jpgIMG_1244.jpg

Finally found some time to finished up the sled. Its not perfect but just enough to have some fun on this next winter. Recovered the seat, new hot grips, final trim. Good for this year :)

Final (1).jpgFinal (2).jpg
Final (3).jpgFinal (4).jpg
Final (5).jpgFinal (6).jpg
Final (7).jpgFinal (8).jpg
Final (9).jpgFinal (10).jpg

Nice job there. I am going to try add some extra fuel storage by cutting the foam padding towards the back hump area . I have all drawn up and the parts . It will add close to 3 extra gallons . I just have to start welding the material together. I will looks stock. Fill nozzle will come out by the back storage box ( tail light) one inch fill tube . Saw this mod at a snowmobile scrap yard on a 85 srv

Sent from my iPhone srv560mxz$600cat900

Nice job there. I am going to try add some extra fuel storage by cutting the foam padding towards the back hump area . I have all drawn up and the parts . It will add close to 3 extra gallons . I just have to start welding the material together. I will looks stock. Fill nozzle will come out by the back storage box ( tail light) one inch fill tube . Saw this mod at a snowmobile scrap yard on a 85 srv

You will have to post a few pics on that. I have never seen that mod.

Ya I will always heard about it but couldn't find any info on it. Just heard guys sticking gas cans one gallons in the back off storage Ben. But seen today on a 85 it was about 3 inches high mybe 12 inches wide , building up on a angle. Didn't have a ruler on me. It had a vent line and fill tube runing into the back storage area it was perfect. Custom tank Someone made . Ran into a double fuel pump. I grab everything but the tank he wouldn't sell it . He said someone else bought it. When you sit on the seat you dont feel anything. And the trick had to be the angle of the slope of the tank and the low profile. Hell i will take a extra 3 gallons any day on those gas hogs. Mr Dkeys was going try to do it in one of his threads that what got me thinking about it. Since now I have that 40mm mikuni round slide. . on there I am going to eat the gas. I have a couple extra seats . I am just waiting for my tig welder to get back her . I let a friend use it . I even offered the guy $220 for the tank .he said no.

Gonna be a fun ride. The SS was a great sled. The added power of the 540 will just up the fun level.

Most will have no idea what they are up against.

Nice job.

opsled

Ya that might be a good idea . Just have to do a lot of searching. That's the part I hate. I just sold that Srv 54?mod to a young guy who was giving his girl friend his sled to ride. I was talking to Throttlejunkie about how the guy came back with the sled and said there's no more girlfriend and I can't afford two sleds. I took it back but not for what I sold it for . The only problem I have is when I want to play with the jetting on that cat 40mm mikuni round slide is its hard to turn to get to the bottom of the float box cover because some how I have the carb with the biggest float bowl . It's has the nut on the button and that brass tube coming out to. Going to cut it off

Yamaha nuts gave me the jetting base line . It was close. That was the biggest trouble is jetting plus have no snow last year . Don't bought a cat and I plan to travel this year . All my surgeries are done for now

Back