1999 Vmax 700

MarcB

Hi All, I have been away from snowmobiling since 1999 and I have missed the sport ever since. So I decided to pick up where I left off and just purchased a 1999 Vmax 700 with 5500 kilometres on it and looks in amaizing shape. I am looking forward to working on it to get it ready for next season. The previous owner said the only two things wrong with the machine is the broken trip reset button and that the tach stops working sporadically. If any of you knowledgable owners can give me some direction on repairing these two issues and any others things to look for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks MarcB

Tachometer is most likely a loose wire. Don't know if you have electric start, but on my Venture 700 if I disconnect the battery I lose the tach.

Last edited:
I see there is a valve on/off on the top of engine by air intake it seems ceased can you tell me what this valve is for? Thanks

Hi -

My friend has a similar problem on the exact same sled you have. Did you figure out the issue with your tach? The battery in his sled is dead, so we are wondering if that is the issue.

Thank you.

It's probably the battery, I have had a few electric start vmax's and the tach's don't like to work right with dead batteries?

Back