Grass drag jetting question

j2hizzo

VIP Member
Stock 2001 srx 700 clutched and geared for 500t grass drags. Question is i have 3 147 jets and want to use them. Will running same jets in all 3 cylinders be ok? I know clutch side came stock with slightly bigger jet.

those are not grass drag jets. you be safe with that in the winter. i run on the grass in my 2002 138.8 137 137/45 pilots. 3:16x (yammie tony)

so those jets would work well with my stock setup? And air screws turned out how much? Do you do anything with needle?

Last edited:
Wow - you two guys are old. I think those air screws....... were on the old free air sleds you guys used to have. just teasing LOL

Hey i did sometest hits today and had a bit of lag off line but real strong when wide open..can i o back to 40 pilots to cure this?

a lag off the line here can be afew things. first whats your engagement. second check belt deflection. and third that might be a lean hit, you may try to up pilots and or check air/ fuel screws. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Like Tony said above. I know it seems opposite what you would think but I always needed more fuel on the pilot circuit when grass dragging. The load put on the engine off the line on grass is tremendous and needs extra fuel

Air fuel screws turned in or out? When i fired it up and let ut run on stand i had to back idle down because of hanging rpms. I never had this issue in stock form

out adds fuel, close takes fuel away on these carbs. just food for thought also your idle hanging might be in your throttle cable to. 3;16x (yammie tony)

Ok. Throttle cable is a bit looseif anything. I will turn it out a bit and see. Ibefore i talked to u guys i was gonna lean out the pilot and air..thanks for the help

Ok. Throttle cable is a bit looseif anything. I will turn it out a bit and see. Ibefore i talked to u guys i was gonna lean out the pilot and air..thanks for the help
I used to run a 2001 on grass used to use 52.5 pilots w/ 137.5 mains air screw at one turn out , engagement was 5300rpm then geared ,it would run 6.0 at 84/86 mph I'm 240lbs

3g...do u mean 1 turn out from seated? Or 1 turn out from factory? And to think i was gonna put stock 140 pilots back in..

I'm gonna be running grass this weekend and putting in 135 mains and 50 pilots with 2 turns out on fuel Screws, the only problem is their not running studs in the stock class, why I don't know but it is what it is I guess.

Last edited:
Ijust put 150 pilots in. Gonna test tomorrow
What jets you running with the 50 pilots

Nowhere to test for me I'll have a few test runs at the track though, i can't lay down the power without picks though lol

Last edited:
Alright i put the 50s in and the bog is gone. However idle is high...i have air screwed out 2 full turns. Should i go another 1/4 turn?

Back