2004 Venom

okay guys Not sure if this could cause the take off lag I have. We just went through the rear suspension tonight and replaced wheels, Bearings, and bushings. I tried the sled again out in the yard and still have the symptom of the sled needed more throttle then normal to get the sled rolling. during the summer we put on a set of DuPont sliders on it. The light bulb I think is getting brighter in my head. The track on the sled a stock predator that is only clipped every third window and has windows closed. Looking at the track there is a 3 inch rubber surface that might be causing more friction then good. My question is with the DuPont sliders and that track combo. Would that cause enough drag when on the ground that it would take more RPM to get the sled rolling then normal. When the sled is on the stand track spins freely. Please any info is welcomed. Thanks again guys

Okay so here's the good news. Sled is back up and running the way it should. Unfortunately after putting in more money then I wanted to but it's for the wife's sled. It gets what it needs. Now what was wrong with the sled. The spacer in the chain case was in backwards for the bottom reverse gear. It was creating more drag on the bearing when it was tightened up. Now I never thought to check that spacer because I never had a reverse gear box apart. A simple fix turned out to be a completely new bushing rear suspension new wheels and bearings, speedo bearing, jack shaft bearing, new primary clutch bushing, spider pucks, and upper chain case bearing as well. Thanks TY members for your help and thanks to my family members that helped me fix this sled. Now let's ride.

I have a 2005 venom that I just studded and then realized there is no tunnel protectors! Can someone please tell me if I need to add them and anything for front heat exchanger?

For sure Snow Trackers with the stock skis are the biggest ride enhancement you can make .

I have a 2005 venom that I just studded and then realized there is no tunnel protectors! Can someone please tell me if I need to add them and anything for front heat exchanger?

1175's are as long as you should go to not hit the front cooler, you will not find the correct front cooler protectors for the Venom,without tunnel protectors studs will hit the tunnel under the fuel tank .Rear cooler protectors are needed. I have run studded 9K miles on a 2004 Venom. The Hauck clutch kit if still available got the Revs down to 8500(from 9200 stock) and works well. SnowTrackers a must . I know this is an old thread but may still be useful info .

Back