2004 Venom

RB2001SRX700

Lifetime Member
Hello boys and girls,
i know it's early for some but I can't wait to start working on my wife's new to us Venom. The sled over all is clean. Has some needs. Track mud flap, and a ski to start. When I can I will upload some pics for you guys. I know these red head motors run like a champ and had 130psi ACROSSED the board. Started 4th pull from stone cold and not been running since last year. Obviously have to do the pre maintenance yet. I will be putting up a wanted ad soon for some stuff. Low windshield,ski to start. Let me know how you like your venom if you have one. Oh yeah and it has reverse. Nice option.

Hello boys and girls,
i know it's early for some but I can't wait to start working on my wife's new to us Venom. The sled over all is clean. Has some needs. Track mud flap, and a ski to start. When I can I will upload some pics for you guys. I know these red head motors run like a champ and had 130psi ACROSSED the board. Started 4th pull from stone cold and not been running since last year. Obviously have to do the pre maintenance yet. I will be putting up a wanted ad soon for some stuff. Low windshield,ski to start. Let me know how you like your venom if you have one. Oh yeah and it has reverse. Nice option.

Great sled!! Ill be watching to see how she looks.

Yes blue. And I would be interested in them. And other miscellaneous parts. Send me a pm with pricing and shipping to 12020.

Interresting that the airbox is different from a sx/sxr. Also the exhaus has a heat shield, wonder why. Does any of this help performance?

Heat shield helps with holding heat in the pipes. That would help keep them running at that temp. What ever it might be. An open pipe will cool off faster and change pipe temp easier when the snow hits the bare pipe.

What about the airbox. HP gains? does this have the FAI system as well?
Edit: i just read that it does not have FAI.

Last edited:
20160904_172740.jpg20160904_172856.jpg20160904_190600.jpg20160904_172833.jpg20160904_172805.jpg

Not to bad for 4 hours worth of work. Secondary and primary cleaned. We are making progress with the help from family.

Now for the bad. Mice chewed up some f the wiring under the handle bar pad and the pad its self. Little buggers.....

not to much of a update on the venom. For now I have a list of parts to shop for. I will list them in the wanted section. I have to ask about skis? what are you guys upgrading to for a trail ski? I was looking at the Tuner skis from Yamaha. Not to sure about them. Some like them some don't. Looking for some feed back.

Thanks guys.

Nice sled! I have the same year and color, no reverse though. You're making me want to start tearing into mine now. I was also thinking about the tuner skis when my carbides wear out, seems like lots of opinions on the setup for those.

Nice sled! I have the same year and color, no reverse though. You're making me want to start tearing into mine now. I was also thinking about the tuner skis when my carbides wear out, seems like lots of opinions on the setup for those.

Looks like I'm sticking with stock skis for now. Just bought Stud boy duelers for the sled at the Big E snow show. I have to admit this year did not seem as good as years past. But was the best place to get my sons snow suit. Great to see the new sleds. Sorry no pics. I was able to sit on the sidewinder and the rest of the line up. I need to start a gofundme so I can afford one of them.... HAHAHAHA. But seriously it is a nice sled.

Anyone with a Venom have any performance tricks? Like reed spacers, carbon fiber reeds, clutching. Not looking to do any engine mods. What have you guys done and what kinda performance did you see?

Back