.875 Square to hex driver conversion kit

hibshman25

tya
With kimpex no longer offering 2.52 pitch drivers for the old square shafts found on many older sled I've come up with an alternative option. I'm having aluminum bushings made up that will press into a hex shaft driver wheel, and have a square ID to press on to the .875 square drive shaft. Waiting on final pricing for the bushing but estimate being able to sell a pair of 7 or 8 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers with my bushings installed for around $100.

Next phase of my project sled is skid relocate so a std everyday 121" track can be used. Hoping to make some self locating plates which will relocate the skid and allow for a 121" tracks to be used. May even incorporate different sets of holes so other length tracks can be used such as 116

The combination of my drivers and relocate plates should hopefully allow for easier and cheaper revival of some vintage sleds!

I don't get on this site much as I focus primarily on the 4 stroke sleds. With a 3 year old son I've started thinking ahead to his first sled which is what got me into this project. The bravos and enticers are hands down the best sleds out there for young kids to get into the sport.

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 22

That will be a hit on vintagesleds.com too. There have been many looking for an option like this.

opsled

I have several bushings made up now. Retail is $95 for a pair of 7 or 8 tooth drivers with bushings installed.I can ship them anywhere in US for $7, and to Canada for $24 via padded flat rate envelope.

Next phase of my project is to make up bravo rail extensions to stretch to 121". Pushing the stock skid back for a 121 track was too much. Will post up details once I get that done.

Last edited:
sorry but just better off with a completely different skid if going to any other track ....the bravo skid is just not worth the work i can think of many very easy swaps with other yamaha skids and will also make the sled ride that much nicer ...

nice job on the bushings ........

sorry but just better off with a completely different skid if going to any other track ....the bravo skid is just not worth the work i can think of many very easy swaps with other yamaha skids and will also make the sled ride that much nicer ...

nice job on the bushings ........

I agree there are better skids out there. What would you suggest? phazer II?

Some guys don't have the resources or interest in shopping around for skids. My intention with the extensions is to be able to offer an affordable complete kit for guys wanting to revive a bravo.

for 121 swap yep Phazer II skid to keep it light ....if going to 116'' regular 84-89 phazer skid ....heck even 570 exciter 87-90 for the 121 ...vmax or SRV 121 skid can work too just that most are clapped out and need new very expensive shocks

Just my thoughts on the subject

I'm about to put a '90 Phazer II skid in an '80 Enticer. I've had the sled & skid for a couple of years now and just recently happened upon a set of drivers from a 250 bravo. I will start a Thread when I get started.

Attached are some photos of my 121 rail extensions for the bravo. They are steel, so just get welded to the stock rails. Added a set of wheels, and a cross shaft in the rear. The assembled skid has my prototype extensions. Last pic shows the production extension profile. Nuts get welded on for track adjuster bolts. Will work up pricing for the rail extension kit soon.

IMG_0062.JPGIMG_0061.JPGIMG_0063.JPG

Back