94 waverunner 3 gp 3/4 throttle bog

kyler86

I bought a waverunner 3 gp with the 701s engine and it seems to be bogging down after about 3/4 throttle. I've re-built the carb and cleaned out fuel lines. Can anyone else help?? please!!

1. What RPMs do you reach? Get a pretty accurate reading as 3/4 and full throttle is a 300 RPM difference at the MOST.

2. Does it run fine when the engine is cold?

3. Does the pisser crap out after it is up to temp?

Just spitballin here.

Last edited:
How much run time before the bog? Are you seeing and brownish residue along the driveshaft? Have you hit the zirk on the shaft with grease? If the bog starts after about 5 min of run time, look at the shaft bearing.

Other things to consider are the fuel shutoff being partially obstructed, the tank back flow vent failing and not keeping pressure in the tank, or you missed a few spots in the carbs. Two of the most commonly overlooked parts are the flapper valve and the check valves. The check valves have a rubber grommet that attaches the round valve into the valve body. If the grommets have holes or the valves were put in upside down, that may be the issue. If you didnt strip any screws on the carbs, you didnt get in deep enough, unless yours is a very low mileage machine with some incredible off season maintenance done to it.

One carb on the 700? Most that I get stuck fixing have the twins, but I didnt reference your model number. Kit or just clean on the rebuild? Those diaphrams for pumping and flowing do fatigue or dry.

Back