New to me 02 viper

madzx2

I picked up this 2002 viper at haydays this year for $700. The guy said it's got 2100 miles on it and only needs a piston and maybe a cylinder. It's got hauck triple pipes on it, clutched, camoplast hacksaw track that's studded, skidoo pilot skis. I got it home and began the tear down and noticed the heads chewed up on the mag side, needs a piston and cylinder. Not a bad deal so far. I start tearing it down to remove the cylinder, remove the pipes and notice a big hole cut in the crankcase from the mag side rod letting loose. So not really the greatest deal anymore but when life gives you lemons .....
ive already got a new/used crankcase for it. I plan on cleaning it up, little repaint on the suspensions, and going over front to back checking everything. I also found what I believe to be the demise of the engine! The needles were in the stock pistil. And not changed for the pipes, the mains and pilots were right for it though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 22

It doesn't have everything that's listed on that sled but it does have quite a few of those parts. Head looks like the domes are all the same, carbon reeds, srx rear cooler, torque stop, adjustable transfer rods

Not all of that stuff on that list came on the viper extreme, looks like that guy added more stuff to it. I bet yours is one of those. Hauck made a special SXR also.

Is there any definite way to tell if it is for sure? The ignition key is on a hauck key chain.

Another question I have is the primary looks different. My srx is on the left and the viper on the right. Is the viper a speed sheave?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 12
I finally got the viper put back together. The first start I looked at the gauge and it has 7100 miles on it, far from the claimed 2100. I put an edge skid in the rear, and fox float 3 evol r shocks in the front. Today I started my 04 wiring swap so i will have DCS. I will post some pics later.

Back