340 Enticer Mikuni Round Slide Conversion info

shakey32

I've got an 82 Excel III that I have had many carb issues with, and want to swap the carb for a Mikuni round slide.I have some 34mm and 38mm carbs. I am looking for advise on which size would be better for this sled? I know a lot of peoplehave done the swap with 36mm, but I would like to use one that I already have if possible.Any info on size preference and jetting would be great.

I have nothing for you on the swap but the OEM carb is about as simple as it gets. What are the issues?

opsled

I picked up the sled last year from the wife's cousin. It had been neglected for years sitting outside. I pulled the carb off, and couldn't believe how bad it was. It was the dirtiest carb i've ever seen.
Anyway, I took it all apart, and put it in my buddies ultrasonic cleaner for a couple of hours. Normally, a carb comes out like new after an hour, but this one was really bad. I've never been able to get
it running quite right, it has a low end bog. I just kind of figured the round slide was a good fix for it.

Are you running the air box on the sled ?.........these did tend to have a low end bog but can be made better by richening up the pilot jet or fuel screw but they need to have the airbox on them

I have a 85 excel III 340 wondering the same thing. What size main jet is recommended at sea level? Mine has the low end bog and does have an airbox what should the fuel screw be set at? Thanks for the help

Back