Early 90's phazer color options

NBsledder83

Hey all.
New to the site. So as a kid i dreamed about owning a 91 phazer 2 in red and white.
Ive been looking for one for a while now and have seen people selling red and white phazers and claiming they are 1988
Ive seen red and gold trim ones, black ones and a black and green one even. Can someone explain this to me ? How many color options were there in the late 80's early 90's phazer and phazer 2's. I looked online and cant find the info anywhere even looked at some sales brochures and they dont mention it . thanks

the 84 to 89 phazers will be mainly black except 89 which 89 had a red hood ....in 90 they had the First phazer II which std was red hood and white side panels the se was all black in 91 they went to white hood with red side panels the deluxe was black again i believe in 92 they where all red and the deluxe was a dark blue green if i remeber right ...

84 phazers were silver, in 86 they had one that was black with maroon on top of the hood and seat. 85's were black and dark grey.

Last edited:
Every year the colors or the pattern changed. And the regular Phazer and Phazer Deluxe (electric start and handwarmers - later it was called LE) were different colors. The 85 Phazer was black the Deluxe was gray. In about 88 the Deluxe was brown with a brown block pattern seat. I think the long track models were different colors too, so there was a bunch of different ones.

Last edited:
I have a '92 LE that's black with gold lettering, gold skid frame. Back in '93 I had an ST that was red and white.

I have two '91 Phazer II LEs (electric start) that were a deep blue, with gold and lighter blue accents. In my opinion, hands-down, one of the best, unique color schemes to ever grace a Phazer. Also have a '93 Phazer II LE that was black with gold accents and a '96 Phazer II LE which was black with turquoise and other accent colors.

I have a '91 Phazer II LE (actually two of them), that are Deep Blue, light blue, and gold accents (from the factory that way-my favorite colors on a Phazer, ever, hands down). Also have a '93 Phazer II LE that is Black, gray, and sporting gold accents, as well as a '96 Phazer II LE that is black with silver and turquoise accents.

Ran my 91 ST all last winter. For an old sled it still gets a lot of positive comments about the style not to mention the gas milage being comparable or better than a lot of newer sleds.

Back