2011 skidoo 600 VS 2001 SX 700R

roudyroy1

just shootin the SH!T between friends and are going to line them up once the snow falls. just would like to see what everyone thinks the outcome will be in a good old lake drag.

Skidoo set up:
-2011 TNT 600 CARB
-120 track, 1 inch, 96 studs.
-stock

SX 700R set up:
-121 hacksaw track, 1 inch no studs
- clutched (3.6 tip, 4.5 heal, stock weights, 51/43 dalton helix@60deg)
-re-geared(21/39 w/68l chain)
-reed spacers
- dilled can( not that it really adds much)
-rebuild skid with track rods.(rebuilt as to bethevipers post)

Im thinking he pulls me off the line due to the studs, but ill pull him once i hook up. thoughts?

I had a friend with a stock 02 sxr 600 go up against a mxz600 and it was a pretty close race, not sure what that tnt has for hp though, I'd think you could beat it.

those 600carbs (500ss) were pretty good motors but they definitely werent the fastest. you guys are probably equal hp wise.

My Brother(7Skulls) has a 2014 600carb mxz.Top speed on GPS is 92mph but the internet says way more;):D

Last edited:
Pritty sure that gen of ski doo 600 W/ carbs are rated at 100hp Fwiw.
I'm sure you'll win it! ;)

Last edited:
they do. shouldn't matter too much though, only for the first few lengths, as @ WOT both motors will be on the pipe and valves will be pulled up.

I've run the 600 carb motor in some of the older skidoo sleds (06's) with my 99 700 vmax. Sleds were always stock with the exception of the vmax having a ripsaw track. The 600's in the new doo chassis ride well in the snow vs the pro-action. deeper snow I would usually get beat off the line and for some lengths down the lake. If it was a long enough pull I could usually pull them back in once I got up on top. less snow I could usually get them off the line and continue to pull away.

Reminds me of the time on the rail road track racing my buddy with a ski doo 583 with my venture 600 with a pasenger on the back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,walked by him atleast 10mph.... Does 90 on gps with two people.............

yeah i pulled him a few lengths. i would be even out of the hole as my 1 inch hacksaw is pretty beat, but once the power started going to the ground i would start walking away. looking for a 1.25- 1.5 inch track now.

My buddy with a 08 600sdi xp would give any of you guys on your 700 sx a run maybe not a mile long race but his sled was quick in 500ft he was usually the one taking the hardware home in both 600 and 700 stock classes on snow we had his sled dialed in pretty good

Back