New guy, new to me sled. Couple of questions.

Cumminsguy

I recently got my first modern sled. It is an 01 sxr 700. I serviced it to get ready for the first rideable snow of the season. The track is worn but I think I can get this season out of it. I was wondering what to purchase for a replacement track. I would probably only ride groomed trails a Couple times a year. The rest would be spent near home riding local non-groomed trails. Thank you for any info you could give me.

Alot of members including myself have had great luck with the Cobra track. It's does a great job on or off trails.
If your budget permits longer tracks like 136 to 144s make a significant difference to.
After riding with your worn out short track for awhile you'll welcome and appreciate the upgrade!

Last edited:
If your going to run studs then I'd say a 1" Camoplast Carve or Hacksaw,but if not then go with a 1 1/4 Ripsaw II or a Cobra like what Vincent said.Snow conditions really will play into your final decision.Some tracks are better in hard packed trails and some shine in loose snow.

Mostly woods trails, farm fields, powerlines, a little bit of road shoulders. Then maybe some groomed trails up in the tughill old forge area a couple times a year.

From what I've read on the viper, 1.25" without studs is about the max you can go without removing the tunnel protectors and heat exchanger cover. I imagine it's a similar situation on the SRX? My viper has the original finger track and I've been looking at the cobra, predator and intense tracks also.

It's been a while guys. Took a trip to old forge this past weekend. Before going I had thoroughly cleaned the carbs. Did reed notch and silencer mod. Sled ran awesome. Rode with 4 friends with picks. They got me on the lake on the start. I got them on the big end though. They rode mxz 800's and a gsx 600 or something. The old red head 700 triple made its presence known. I was to happy at the end.

that's pretty awesome ..out running a mxz! my buds got a piped sxr and he cant do it. good job!

Back