2017 Minnesota Ride

sleddineinar

VIP Member
Looking at my calendar I'm thinking Feb 23-26 For the MN ride... We can use our place in Ely, but only 4-5 people can stay with me this year. We get rooms at the Junction Inn in Babbitt. A group stayed there last year.

Last edited:

Friday (Feb 24) & Saturday (Feb 25) are the official ride dates. But I will be arriving in Ely Thursday evening and staying until Tuesday morning. So if any one wants to stay another day or two and ride with me that would be cool. Hopefully the weather holds out, so far the snow and trails are looking great up there.

We have a warm weekend coming up... But, I was riding over the weekend, rode from my place to Cook, then Side Lake, and back to my place and down to Babbitt. Trails were really nice! lots of base up there. Almost 3 feet in the woods around Johnson Lake. I will be riding again this weekend with my family. We will play it by ear, but I see that there is a good chance of 3-5" and a cool down by Friday of the ride. I'll keep everyone posted.

I hate to say it, but it looks like this weekend is a wash. Trails weren't too bad on Sunday, but it rained like cats & dogs after we left today, and there's another 50 degree tomorrow. I will still be up there Saturday - Monday, but not Friday. If anyone still wants to get together let me know, I'm sure boondocking will still be an option, there was a lot of snow still on the ground and swaps were fairly deep, but trail riding will be iffy at best.

Back